SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
    I even have a video on how to make an arrow shaft from raw wood using a dowel maker.
    Once again, that project is waiting on me to build a spine tester.

Yeah they want a pretty penny for a stick and dial chart these days

Comment

I want to build one like this and use a dial indicator to measure deflection.

I already have bought the dial indicator.
      Attached Files

Comment

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Well that seems to be the main component besides wood. But the most expensive and hard to come by part for sure is gonna be the time to make it happen
        Last edited by Werewolf; 06-18-2016, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
          I even have a video on how to make an arrow shaft from raw wood using a dowel maker.
          Once again, that project is waiting on me to build a spine tester.
          You are looking at it all wrong!!!

You just need more trad bows that lile different spines. Make 3 dozen arrows.... shoot them... you know where I am going with this

I know nothing about woods... but that is what I going to do... I am making my bows first though

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
            If anybody is interested. The ASA qualifier is being held in college station Sunday. It's the last local shoot before state championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Tempting but I'd hate to show you up [emoji3]

Comment

I don't have a spine tester or for that matter ANY expensive arrow building tools. I put down newspaper and do it on my kitchen table. I have a Bohning arrow jig I found on clearance at academy about 5-6 years ago for 25 dollars, a 6 dollar taper tool and some Bohning fletch tite platinum glue. I'm sure you could get super technical on arrows, straightens, weights, testers and that could get expensive and time consuming. I'm just doing it as easy and affordable as I can and have produced arrows that shoot just fine for me

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                Tempting but I'd hate to show you up [emoji3]

Well you made me chuckle at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
                  I don't have a spine tester or for that matter ANY expensive arrow building tools. I put down newspaper and do it on my kitchen table. I have a Bohning arrow jig I found on clearance at academy about 5-6 years ago for 25 dollars, a 6 dollar taper tool and some Bohning fletch tite platinum glue. I'm sure you could get super technical on arrows, straightens, weights, testers and that could get expensive and time consuming. I'm just doing it as easy and affordable as I can and have produced arrows that shoot just fine for me
                  That is all I am going to do. Order shafts. Some field points in various weights. A taper tool. Then fletch them. Nothing fancy. If they fly too weak or stiff, I will label them for use with a different bow down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                    If anybody is interested. The ASA qualifier is being held in college station Sunday. It's the last local shoot before state championship

I was going to try and make it, but have to pick the kids up from summer camp. I plan on making more of the ASA shoots next year for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                      That is all I am going to do. Order shafts. Some field points in various weights. A taper tool. Then fletch them. Nothing fancy. If they fly too weak or stiff, I will label them for use with a different bow down the road.

My last batch turned out fine for my longbow but are just too long and heavy tipped for the Samick and after a couple of years I'm down to 2 arrows. POC lasts for sure. Got my shafts from 3Rivers on sale. 30 bucks a dozen.

Comment

Brought home a few croaker we caught this morning. Enough to fry them up and have some fish tacos.

But... I am bummed about the fly fishing. Need to figure it out and try saltwater again. Definately with an 8wt and better line... and a better place than a rocky jetty.

Comment

Got the gear ready to load up early! Super excited. Haven't seen dad in a while and tomorrow we're gonna pop of the new muzzleloader, sling a few arrows and smoke a brisket. Happy Fathers Day folks. Be safe and have some fun [emoji3]

Comment

Happy Fathers Day to all my huntin buddies. Have a good one.

Comment

Yes happy father's day to yall

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Happy Pa Day

Comment

Working...
                                X