No announcement yet.

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damian I fish evenings a lot in the summer. Most boats are off the water so there's less traffic. Drift fishing with a GPS marking the depth works well. The surf should only get better from here out also.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
      Damian I fish evenings a lot in the summer. Most boats are off the water so there's less traffic. Drift fishing with a GPS marking the depth works well. The surf should only get better from here out also.
      I hear ya. Just hard since I live so far away. I know the surf will get better, just today wasn't the day. Still had a great time. One day I'll be the windshield instead of the bug.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

A good friend of mine once said ... The surf is a fickle mistress. So true.

Comment

A good friend of mine once said ... The surf is a fickle mistress. So true.
          That ain't no lie. After all she is related to the sea

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep.

Oh, I forgot to tell y'all.

When we went to the bay side, I was telling my friend that a kid got bit at San Luis pass by a rattle snake, and for us to keep our eyes open.

We didn't get one minute away from the truck and there he was laying on the side of the road we were walking down. He was in that circle with his head on top, sound asleep ( I think)

Beautiful creatures. I'm glad we didn't fish in the one spot we wanted to ( and walk for 300 yards in that grass) that could have been ugly.

Fathers day is coming up. I'm sure I'll be at church in the morning, not sure what I'll do after. I'm off again Monday, I hear the water calling and the woods hollering my name.

What to do, what to do....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I might hit up the woods next week if I don't have any honey doo items for selling the house

Comment

Huntinfool, you gonna make it out to west houston on the 25th?

Comment

So vanetech said that it looked like the arrow had a defect around the break on the inside causing a kink in it. They are taking care of me with brand new arrows

Comment

Weird... glad they are at least taking care of it.

Comment

Okay... plan is to hit the Jettie in Freeport. Pulled up a couple bait shops online. Any recommendations or ones to avoid. Just going to pick up shrimp or crawfish.

Comment

As far as flies, any simple pattern other than a clouser I should tie? Color other than chartreuse/white?

Comment

Pink on white is always good. Make em big for the surf, 1/0 with large bead chain eyes or lead eyes. I also like to tie louisiana redfish toad fly on a 1/0 or 2/0 umpqua wide gap. My goto is also the e.p. minnow in any color combo tied on a 2/0 umpqua wide gap.

Comment

I don't know anything good or bad about the bait camps in Freeport. If your going down Galveston Island the bait camp at Sea Isle has done good by me. Are you fly fishing Swamp?

Comment

I don't know anything good or bad about the bait camps in Freeport. If your going down Galveston Island the bait camp at Sea Isle has done good by me. Are you fly fishing Swamp?
                              Not sure if I will be fly fishing or not at this point. We are a fishing family. If we go camping... the fishing gear comrs with. A dozen or more years ago, my wife and I visited freeport for the weekend, and before you knew it, we were at the closest academy buying tackle to fish. We caught 2 sheepshead and a drum. This will be our first time doing it again since then. Still have those rods/reels.

Since I don't go often (say once every dozen years...) and I prefer to fly fish now if I can swing it, I thought about maybe trying to fly fish too while we were down there.

Comment

There's a Freeport jetty surf cam you can check out to see what the water looks like before you go. There's a lot of fresh water coming down the Brazos right now, you might want to take a look.

Comment

Working...
                                X