No announcement yet.

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some of my handmade POC arrows with feathers still. Made a dozen of those but after two years I have two left. Definitely need to make more. Can't beat cedar. Didn't want to snap another arrow this weekend (I've broken three since Friday) So I grabbed some Academy cheapos to try out. Not toooo terribly bad but yeah they do pop the shelf and dance around.

Comment

A flattie and some fatties. ( I let my dad take two before the pic.) Not bad for having never fished this spot before. We caught probably 30, but most were under sized.
      Great day with an old friend that's back in town. Hope to hit the woods with him like in the olden days!

Got another report of a spot, thinking I may go try it tomorrow.
      Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not fair

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Before the rains hit.

WW, you gotta do whatcha got do it. Its a sickness I tell you.

If they are spined close enough... strip the vanes off one and shoot it bareshaft.

Comment

I hate yall

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              Before the rains hit.

WW, you gotta do whatcha got do it. Its a sickness I tell you.

If they are spined close enough... strip the vanes off one and shoot it bareshaft.

I am probably going to get some carbon express or gold tip shafts and feather them. See how a 4-5" feather does on a carbon. Congrats on all the fish folks....it WAS a pretty day. Been some serious rain hitting here and there the past few hours.

Comment

There is a guy on here who shoots vanes off the shelf. If you tune it just right for zero vane contact, it works.
                Interesting.... I was always taught that you had to use an elevated rest in order to be able to shoot arrows fletched with vanes. Learn something everyday

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                  Interesting.... I was always taught that you had to use an elevated rest in order to be able to shoot arrows fletched with vanes. Learn something everyday
                  Yeah... don't tell Rick Barbee that, he will set you straight. He tunes for no feather/vane contact.

As it is, feathers don't help if you get quill contact, he takes it one step further. Oh the things you learn when you hang out on the trad forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
                    I am probably going to get some carbon express or gold tip shafts and feather them. See how a 4-5" feather does on a carbon. Congrats on all the fish folks....it WAS a pretty day. Been some serious rain hitting here and there the past few hours.
                    I shoot CX Heritage 150s with 3x4" parabolics. I like a 175gr up front since I like the Zwickey broadhead.

Comment

Yeah... don't tell Rick Barbee that, he will set you straight. He tunes for no feather/vane contact.

As it is, feathers don't help if you get quill contact, he takes it one step further. Oh the things you learn when you hang out on the trad forum.
                      Rick is good, he has forgotten more about stickbow shooting, than I will ever know

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                        Rick is good, he has forgotten more about stickbow shooting, than I will ever know
                        Truth!

Comment

Dang good day Damian. Glad you got into em good.

Comment

Nice work Damian. Go get em again.

Comment

Congrats TMiddleton!! I've got a long time before that day comes for me, but I know that I'll be crying like a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by LilMissHunter View Post
                                Congrats TMiddleton!! I've got a long time before that day comes for me, but I know that I'll be crying like a baby.
                                Thanks LMH...It was a good day and it sure didn't take long to get here either!
                                Time flies

Comment

Working...
                                X