Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
    Going over my notes from the last 3 years. It appears I have seen more deer in wind over 10 mph then any other time. Has anyone else seen this?
    I always thought the opposite. But I do remember one year my uncle killed a giant on a real windy day. Maybe it's more of the older and more mature deer than are that smart? Would make sense.

Comment

BC when are we going to get to see this deer?

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
        I always thought the opposite. But I do remember one year my uncle killed a giant on a real windy day. Maybe it's more of the older and more mature deer than are that smart? Would make sense.
        I was always told that deer lay when the wind blows hard, but my notes are saying different. But I am now hunting a lot thicker underbrush than I ever have.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
          I was always told that deer lay when the wind blows hard, but my notes are saying different. But I am now hunting a lot thicker underbrush than I ever have.
          I think this is the key. The underbrush keeps the wind at bay, however on the edges and fields it's different.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure, I thought maybe it was helping to keep cool. It does not get cold here, they are accumulated to the heat, but a cool wind has to help. And the hunting pressure keeps them in the thicker til dark which offer security and cooler temps. And I answered your pm. Sorry for taking so long, just saw it earlier today.

Comment

Wanderin, I think you might be on to something. I shot my second biggest Sam buck on a windy day. If memory serves me right it was about 4:00pm and sunny, the wind was 18 to 20 mph and about 35° at about 4:00pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                BC when are we going to get to see this deer?
                I just got my new phone on the mail I need to call my buddy so he can send me the pictures I will be posting soon.

Comment

Here's one [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Very nice BC

Comment

That's a great buck BC!!!

Comment

Nice congrats

Comment

Job well done BC

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Very nice, BC. You've worked your tail off to get a deer like that. Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations BC, That's a helleva nice buck there sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X