Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
    Hey Guy's, I'm new on here. I haven't hunted the Sam that much. Any pointers on where the big deer are would be helpful. I like a big 10 pt or a 12 would do fine. Thanks in advance!
    Couldn't find a deer if it was put in a one acre pen in my front yard. But I can tell you the big deer hang out over by that one tree with the thingy on it...you know...that one tree...

Comment

Hey Guy's, I'm new on here. I haven't hunted the Sam that much. Any pointers on where the big deer are would be helpful. I like a big 10 pt or a 12 would do fine. Thanks in advance!
      Pulling this again I see?

Comment

Report coming in a couple of hours from my tree in the Sam. Looks like the rain is gonna hold off.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
          Report coming in a couple of hours from my tree in the Sam. Looks like the rain is gonna hold off.
          I love prefront hunting! Good luck if ya need help domt be afraid to ask

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
            im not seeing anything on the annual means and methods but i honestly havent heard of it but what i did find and maybe someone can elaborate... under the prohibited acts (continued) on your public land books under general conduct 3rd bullet it states :

disturbs or removes plants, wood, rocks ,gravel, sand, soil, shell, artifacts or other objects from public hunting lands without proper authorization

NF
            Todd
            Dmack

what yall think
            I have scoured the book. I can't find it!

I know it's one of their rules. I just can't remember where i saw it. But I'll be if I can find.

Maybe a call to the FS office could help us find it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's in there, give me a little while to down load the pdf. With this new position at work, I can't play on the phone so much lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

It might be in just one of the National Forest books. But it does say something about the small trees and or brush.

Comment

i had the book in hand and i read the whole prohibited acts section at the front couldnt find anything ill do some more reading in the questions and answers maybe its there

Comment

The mosquito's are tearing me up! I should mention it's very humid! I have seen one deer on a mission through some trees.

Comment

heck yea man around noon the storms come in i dont know when you plan on getting out id try to hunt as long as i can before the storm hits. three years ago i did this in a creek bottom. being in the bottom helped with the winds some. anyways i sat it out until just before the storm hit and had seen a really really nice deer at about 120 yards. if i had a bang stick it would've been over but i have gone strictly bow after my second year in the sam. not saying this will be everyone's luck but i "read a article once" pretty much saying hunt as long as you can just before a front because it gets deer moving....cant deny that one on a first hand experience im tuned in nf! good luck!

Comment

Just had a nubbin buck at about 15 yard hit the scrape. He will live to see another day.

Comment

Thanks roostar. Will do.

And no kidding about the humid part. Can't stop sweating. Nothing so far. I got most of the day tho so we'll see.

Comment

Good luck glad y'all are seeing movement. Nf use a headnet if you don't have one. I couldn't of hunted last weekend without it.

Comment

i got a feelin ldps to come today. this front got me all excited this am

Comment

That should be my line would even settle for a nice mature big 8 pt.

Comment

Working...
                                X