Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pelochas View Post
    i heard its not legal to use a machete to clear thick brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've always taken the "disrupts or removes plants" line as a clear sign not to cut brush with a machete. But I've been wrong once before. But only once.

Comment

Y'all gonna make me look it up? Keep reading, it says you can't cut down any trees. "Brush" are just small trees. I ti.e to look it up right now.

Now I've asked the wardens and gotten different answers. One said yes, the other no.
      Go figure, same law book, two different answers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

The only kid I'm taking hunting advice from is deerhunterguy, because he's proved it with continuous kills. Any idiot can refer to "scientific studies" they find online. I'll take experience and age over that any day. Otherwise, there's no given right for any kid to come on here and start telling people they're wrong and how it is. We've dealt with that mentality for the last 8 years... no more!

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
          Y'all gonna make me look it up? Keep reading, it says you can't cut down any trees. "Brush" are just small trees. I ti.e to look it up right now.

Now I've asked the wardens and gotten different answers. One said yes, the other no.
          Go figure, same law book, two different answers.

Right i read it as stated word for word out of the book. ive never cut down any saplings but when i climb up you bet i clear a couple branches to make my shooting lane a little better.

Comment

Just got off the phone with a good buddy of mine. He had a buck chase a doe past his stand today. Grunted and bleated at the buck but never stopped. 1 minute later, he heard a deer coming, grunting, nose to the ground. bird dogging that doe. He shot it at 12 yards.

Comment

Just got off the phone with a good buddy of mine. He had a buck chase a doe past his stand today. Grunted and bleated at the buck but never stopped. 1 minute later, he heard a deer coming, grunting, nose to the ground. bird dogging that doe. He shot it at 12 yards.

Was that the picture i saw on FB of a broken and bloddy arrow?

Comment

Probably, I got the buck pics this morning.

Comment

I want to clear up one thing.

I am not mad or upset. I just wanted this young man to consider what and how he was talking to everyone.

If I came across as a jack hole then please accept my apology.
                  As I said I don't know this man or have anything against him.

This is a public apology to all if I offended. Certainly wasn't my intention.

Carry on.

Comment

I didn't take your responses rude I understand we are all very passionate about hunting. I should have offered my information in a different manner. I'm always open to questions about hunting and discussions about hunting. Good luck to all hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Jmichaelm View Post
                      I didn't take your responses rude I understand we are all very passionate about hunting. I should have offered my information in a different manner. I'm always open to questions about hunting and discussions about hunting. Good luck to all hunting
                      Trust me, I would like to hear more. I'm charging my phone now and will try and read up some of your links. I can always learn something.

Comment

I want to clear up one thing.

I am not mad or upset. I just wanted this young man to consider what and how he was talking to everyone.

If I came across as a jack hole then please accept my apology.
                        As I said I don't know this man or have anything against him.

This is a public apology to all if I offended. Certainly wasn't my intention.

Carry on.

Seriously, if someone got that offended and is that sensitive then just tell em what Curly Bill says in Tombstone..... "Well.....bye."

Comment

Well have a good one after all this talk about the rut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                            The only kid I'm taking hunting advice from is deerhunterguy, because he's proved it with continuous kills. Any idiot can refer to "scientific studies" they find online. I'll take experience and age over that any day. Otherwise, there's no given right for any kid to come on here and start telling people they're wrong and how it is. We've dealt with that mentality for the last 8 years... no more!
                            Just because I don't post pics here anymore don't mean I don't kill. Haven't been skunked in the Sam yet...well one year I was skunked but I didn't hunt. Lol 11 point last year last day of season! My pb buck out there although I have pics of monsters

Comment

Comment

Hey Guy's, I'm new on here. I haven't hunted the Sam that much. Any pointers on where the big deer are would be helpful. I like a big 10 pt or a 12 would do fine. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                                X