No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lunar cycle is 29.5 days and it 100 percent has nothing to do with estrous, menstruation, mammals period. Hunting is much less complicated when you remove unneeded information like moon phase. If the temps are good and wind direction is blowing well for your stand put in the time. Good luck to everyone hunting.

Comment

Has everything to do with it.. not ONLY does the estrous cycle follow the lunar period, but the moon also dictates DAILY movement with major and minor periods throughout the day... The moon is one of the most important factors when it comes to ANYTHING outdoors whether it be hunting OR fishing..

Blows my mind how you can claim the moon is not a driving force behind it all.. each his own i guess, GL out there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok who is playing a joke on us .

When did Dr. Sheldon Cooper join our conversation .
        Last edited by HotRod Hunter; 10-18-2016, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Ok when is the exact date I should take off for the buck I'm hunting . Can we put a radio collar on him . To help cut through the chase !!

Comment

And now I learn I been doing this wrong all along . No wonder I can't kill any deer !!
            Last edited by HotRod Hunter; 10-18-2016, 08:59 PM.

Comment

yall might want to check out this thread I just came across:

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                yall might want to check out this thread I just came across:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=615814
                I wonder if this is that bouche dag from last year's thread, Slinginlead, or whatever the hell his name was.

Comment

I think the best times to hunt is every chance you can get and when the inlaws come to visit !! Lol !!!

Comment

Just cant make the connection on hunting or fishing and the lunar cycle.
                    Im just a newbie hunter but fishing i known for a while and never seen anything different on lunar cycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang, We got a lot of deer experts on the thread now. Lol

Comment

Well I guess he would've told us that deer only would've been killed mid day this past weekend...but my father in law whacked a buck out there while I was in van zandt county. As far as moon and fishing....I know a lot about that. I been guiding on the coast for about 2 years still young and fresh but I can sure tell ya how to slam some fish lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jmichaelm View Post
                          The reason you don't see much activity in mid November is cause 25 percent of the does are being breed the bucks are locked down with the does. Deers visibility increases weeks before the peak of the rut and the weeks following the peak because they are actively searching out does to breed. Deer are crepuscular most activity occurs at dusk and dawn. I don't understand why people are so resistant to new information, especially when it's scientific. My advice for this weekend is to hunt fresh scrapes near known bedding areas as scrape activity is pretty high
                          Glad you pointed that out. Maybe now some of these uneducated, inexperienced SHNF hunters may be successful no offense, sir, but you're preaching to the choir as the saying goes. Most of these fellas have forgotten more about Sam and the deer activity there than you and I will ever know. Unless you've been hunting Sam for years and years and are just posting this crap to hear yourself speak. Maybe you're the rare genius that knows all there is to know

And now that I've fallen into the trap of responding to the current years troll poster, I'll go back to just reading all of the regular posters comments and enjoy this thread like I have done for the last few years now

Comment

I know the very best time to hunt deer, that is very easy. Any time I am not at work is the best. You have to figure any day in the woods is much better than a day at work.

Comment

Yes the best time to hunt is when you can. I didn't want to be argumentative I just wanted to introduce the group to new information.

[question] Thanks so much for the great information that you provide.  It may not be said often enough, but it is greatly appreciated and thanks to both you and Brad. The past week we have had a bright full moon and the past thoughts have been that with a full moon deer bed up during the day and move mostly at night.  I was wondering that with deer being a ruminant and having to chew its cud for digestion, is it possible for a deer to graze/forage all night?  Can the rumen of a whitetail hold that much food to allow them to feed all night, assuming adequate amounts of forage?  Also, would this make the deer more likely to bed up a little earlier in the morning then normal and then move again late morning/early afternoon? Jim [/question] Jim, There’s been an ongoing debate for years about deer movement related to the phase of the moon. Visit to learn more.

From www.GrowingDeer.tv: The heat is on with the 2014 whitetail rut! In this video Dr. Woods talks about the different phases of the rut and shares his strat...

This last link is a hunting show, the host is a long time deer biologist.

Comment

Hunted hard in the sam last weekend, great time, but my spots where I found them in the summer are pretty dry now. I failed to consider the acorn drop. (Newbie mistake). Does anyone know when the acorns dry up in the sam? And what is their main food source after that? Thanks for reading!

Comment

Working...
                                X