No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The vines were loaded and the ground was covered with deer tracks, I ate at least a two pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
      The vines were loaded and the ground was covered with deer tracks, I ate at least a two pounds.
      Youngsters, you are suppose to take them home. Put a handful or so in the blender {after removing seeds} add a little garlic, onion and hot peppers. Blend, chill and place on fried backstrap.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
        Youngsters, you are suppose to take them home. Put a handful or so in the blender {after removing seeds} add a little garlic, onion and hot peppers. Blend, chill and place on fried backstrap.
        Wow. That sounds good.

Comment

The beuty berries are looking good, my last doe was feeding on berries when I shot her. [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

There is so much food right now, that patterning the deer is tough. Looks they feed here today, there the next. Looks like all in a 100 or so yards, but need a little closer than that.

Comment

I've been saying that for years.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                There is so much food right now, that patterning the deer is tough. Looks they feed here today, there the next. Looks like all in a 100 or so yards, but need a little closer than that.

Yep, im not even going to try hunting over feed trees this year. Trails and pinch points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The right feed tree will have the deer there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Do any of y'all know a place where we can shoot targets in the forest? Was looking for a place to set up my block and 3D target. I talked to someone in the office at SHNF and they said they didn't think it was allowed anymore. The bow ranges are getting expensive and crowded and I'm want to try shooting a little farther than 20-30 yards. Thanks.

Comment

The public range at the end of the Treschwig is a good place to stretch out your shooting. I'm not sure about taking a 3d target out there but they have targets out to 70M.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                        The public range at the end of the Treschwig is a good place to stretch out your shooting. I'm not sure about taking a 3d target out there but they have targets out to 70M.

Where is that? Is that the bow zone/Texas archery place? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Drew65 View Post
                          No it's a public park funded by the county. Pass the bowzone and carter's country and it's down that road where there's a hard right turn. Big blue park sign, can't miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew65 View Post

Just a little further down the road. Past carter country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They also built one up in Tomball at Spring Creek Park.

Comment

That's awesome. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X