Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
    Post 22 was mine. That photo was indeed taken on the Trinity River, somewhere around Riverside back in '01 or '02. It was big news at the time, even made into the Huntsville Item newspaper. I guess 10 year from now someone will post that picture somewhere claiming it was taken in Cypress Creek by a yuppie naturalist.

Comment

So has anyone besides Wanderin been scouting? I'd love to get out there but I can barely get a half-mile from my house before the heat starts to get to me.

Comment

I am scouting a lot because I do not intend to be there during rifle season again, way to stupid for me to do that again.

Comment

You and me both buddy.

Comment

rifle season sound like Vietnam

Comment

My new rig for this season:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunting licenses will go on sale Monday!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice Jason. I'll call you when I need help.

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                    My new rig for this season:

Jason, how are you planning on carrying your bow while on the bike?

I have a very similar bike/trailer setup. Our solution was an Alps OutdoorZ bow hunting backpack that has adjustable straps in order to carry a bow, gun, or crossbow. Added benefit is you can carry a little more gear in the pack.
                    Attached Files

Comment

ok Todd, you can explain to my wife why I have to buy another hunting item....

My plan was to strap it to the top of the cart length ways, but that might not work as well as I thought.

Comment

Its all how you present it to her bud. Remember its a multi-functional piece of gear and............................................... ...............it's cheaper than a deerlease!

Comment

PM sent Jason

Comment

Pm replied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll say this, I had this bright idea one year to haul my stand way back in on my game cam. I strapped the stand and my back pack, climbing harness and my bow to the cart.

It rattled so loud all the way back there. I could hear my bow banging on the cart with every bump. No matter how I arranged it, it eventually came loose.

I won't bore anyone with how sore my arm was by the time I got to my spot, but I gave up on strapping my bow down.

Just my humble experience.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Piney where did you get that cart? Or did you make it yourself?

Comment

Working...
                                X