No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My belief is yes, haul your arrows up and practice elevated. That's where we will be hunting from!

Stickbow shooting is a short game, shots at game at 50 and 60 yards are out the window.
    20 -25 yards would be a good self imposed maximum.

I would also think that you would want to hunt a little bit lower if you had the Recurve out.

Comment

Also, I intend to hunt with my Longbow out of a Summit Open Shot climber. It's a hand climber, so there isn't a rail to get in the way. Added bonus is its a lot lighter stand to carry into the woods!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckChaser View Post
        Anyone here that hunts Sam around the Coldspring area.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
        Yes sir, I hunt out that way. Am working in Conroe now so will hunt more out there this year.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
          Yes sir, I hunt out that way. Am working in Conroe now so will hunt more out there this year.
          I've been doing some scouting out off John Warren Rd. Does it get busy that way during the weekends?

Last edited by Sit-n-Sleep; 02-05-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I've been doing some scouting out off John Warren Rd. Does it get busy that way during the weekends?

I think that's the road a buddy of mine has some property. Been wondering the same thing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
              I think that's the road a buddy of mine has some property. Been wondering the same thing.

I found a couple decent spots out there. Found 1 other good spot and pulled up my map to see a walking trail 70 yds away. Lots of hog sign and local 4 wheeling. Also noticed a little water hole with a Wood duck box on a tree.

Comment

I've got a buddy that lives outside Cleveland, knows a lot of people in the area. There's a number of good bucks taken from the east side every year. There's fewer deer, but by and large they're bigger than the ones taken on the west side.

Comment

I can tell you I found out how out of shape I was riding my bike up and down those hills. Down was easy, up not so much

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    I've got a buddy that lives outside Cleveland, knows a lot of people in the area. There's a number of good bucks taken from the east side every year. There's fewer deer, but by and large they're bigger than the ones taken on the west side.
                    Most deer tracks I found were buck tracks which I thought was odd

Comment

I found a couple decent spots out there. Found 1 other good spot and pulled up my map to see a walking trail 70 yds away. Lots of hog sign and local 4 wheeling. Also noticed a little water hole with a Wood duck box on a tree.

Sounds like a spot I visited over there.

Comment

I'm gonna spend some time hunting there this next year, but more than likely it will only be during the week. Plan on sitting one of the spots at a distance to try and see how the deer are moving before I plan my setup

Comment

Sounds like a spot I visited over there.

I might know of said spot. Believe we found some promising turf. And a cottonmouth.

Comment

I might know of said spot. Believe we found some promising turf. And a cottonmouth.
                            I'm gonna have some hog hunt sits out there and possibly a bird watching sit on the pond

Comment

Yep. Still think there are some good bucks there, judging from the sign.

Comment

Yep. Still think there are some good bucks there, judging from the sign.

One thing I didn't find a lot of was tree rubs. Sure thought I would find more only saw a couple. I did find a fair amount of mature buck tracks, crossings and decent White oaks

Comment

Working...
                                X