Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's huntin?

Comment

Congrats to all those on another season.

I read this thread often but rarely comment as I don't hunt the area.

I do have a question for those of you who do...What's the predator numbers like...? Not real picky, Yotes, cats foxes, it doesn't really matter, I just like to get out and have some fun.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
        Congrats to all those on another season.

I read this thread often but rarely comment as I don't hunt the area.

I do have a question for those of you who do...What's the predator numbers like...? Not real picky, Yotes, cats foxes, it doesn't really matter, I just like to get out and have some fun.

Thanks,
        Slick, I only heard a few yotes this year. But it is a big forest and a lot of land.

Comment

I know of two predators that where not there. Us [emoji22]. We just have to wait for next year to hunt again. This year was just a wash. Looking forward to the next season.

Comment

Slick, I call sometimes but the predators are sparse. There just isn't enough small game. I have only seen 2 rabbits and very few mice. No reds but greys, yotes and cats are there, but I wouldn't count on more than maybe 1 in 8 or 10 stands. Hope this helped.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
              I know of two predators that where not there. Us [emoji22]. We just have to wait for next year to hunt again. This year was just a wash. Looking forward to the next season.
              I know that's right! I'm ready for next season already.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                Slick, I call sometimes but the predators are sparse. There just isn't enough small game. I have only seen 2 rabbits and very few mice. No reds but greys, yotes and cats are there, but I wouldn't count on more than maybe 1 in 8 or 10 stands. Hope this helped.
                That's what I feared. Thanks.

Comment

David, there are reds there. Plus the grays. As far as. Numbers, I agree they are fairly sparse. If you get near a den you could probably get one to respond. Jimmy shot a coyote this year. That's the 2nd one I've heard of in a couple years.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Damon, thanks, I haven't seen a red yet was thinking likely yotes and greys had eaten them. There is not as much coon sign as I had hoped. But no one is buying fur from this region this year, so did not pursue them much, gets expensive with no return.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                      David, there are reds there. Plus the grays. As far as. Numbers, I agree they are fairly sparse. If you get near a den you could probably get one to respond. Jimmy shot a coyote this year. That's the 2nd one I've heard of in a couple years.

Interesting, a good chance at a red would be worth it but if it's very limited numbers it would be just a crap shoot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I met a couple of trappers about Four years ago and they became good friends. They had plenty of traps they mostly cough coons and possums and some bobcats they moved back to Oklahoma when the fur buyers stop purchasind their fur.

Comment

Well I made it back from the Blast and Cast event. We had a great time. Fed 102 men and young men and had 2 banded birds shot. ( I'll let someone else chime in on this)
                          It was cold and windy, but that didn't stop us.

Andy, I'm sorry I didn't get much more time to talk to you. Getting up at 3:30 and going non stop to get everything done is time consuming.
                          We just need to meet up and hunt somewhere on our own.

To everyone else, y'all really should try this. If you don't want to duck hunt, we offer fishing trips also. Plus we are working on some deer hunting opportunities.

Right now, I've got more unloading and cleaning to do. My decoys are a wreck. Plus I've got to prepare for a muzzleloader hunt this Sunday. Gotta go and keep getting things done.

Comment

Glad to hear you and Andy had a good time HF, I really need to get back in to duck hunting. Brad and I use to duck hunt a lot and took a lot of birds.

I've duck hunted in several different places in Texas. Like Richland Creek, East Matagroda bay, Keechi Creek, San Bernard WMA, Katy Hockley area, Markham area, Chinqupin, Toledo Bend and Conroe. That was when I was younger, I hated Ducks. All the duck hunting was after deer season. I still Hate Big Bucks!! LOl

Comment

What exactly is that Damon, never heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                                What exactly is that Damon, never heard of it.
                                Its a men's ministry group. We point outdoorsmen to the cross. We do an annual duck hunt in Rockport. It's the biggest event all year. We also do numerous fishing trips and other things.

Andy, want to chime in here? You're perspective is from the participants side.

Comment

Working...
                                X