X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks NF. Good luck Damian. And happy New Years everyone. On my way in this morning I had a set of green eyes watching me. Hope it was big boy. Didn't blow, just ran off. Only have buck tags left in this county so hope one comes out.

Comment

Happy new year everyone.

Comment

Hope everyone is having a great start to this new year.

Comment

Happy New Years everyone

Comment

Started the year off awesome I was in a pine tree in the Sam can't complain one bit even if I didn't see a thing

Comment

Got a small game hunting/scouting/camping trip planned for the SHNF next month. I can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a few trees picked out for the next two weekends. I need one more deer for this year, its going to have to be a doe, already got my buck in November. Anyone else going to pick up the smoke pole?

Jason

Comment

I'm going tomorrow evening going to be there two days. I'm going to take my new cva accura and my 54 cal.lyman.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                      Happy New year's everyone.

Rachel and I are headed to the coast to chase some fish.
                      Got a call from another TBH'er who is heading a different way. Wish you luck buddy ( you know who you are)

Best of luck to everyone who is heading out today, or doing what they love.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Happy New Years peeps!
                      Helluva past few days on the H2O
                      8# Trout and over slot reds with another solid 4# trout to boot only had 2 bites on the trout while wading...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice catch Scott!

Comment

I should have gone your way.

I'll be back out that way again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I've been in some fish with all this awesome weather[emoji51]

That was some pics with my nephew, & BIL from a trip where we killed me on soft plastics and Corky's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I finished the season and started the New year off in style! After a long year full of empty blood trails and heartaches I finally pulled it off in the sam!
                              It was sunday, January 1st, the last evening of the last day of the season. A crisp North breeze blew the last of the leaves out of a white oak tree just above my head. I had just rushed home after an always fun filled and relaxing trip to my PawPaws, the sacred grounds of dogwood creek just outside of Crockett. I got back home and to my treestand with about an hour left till dark. "One last chance" I said to myself.
                              As the shadows grew longer and eventually turned to twilight, I thought to myself, "Man, another year with no horns!". I looked at my watch, it was 5:30, about 20 mins left of shooting light. I looked back up to see a doe and a little 6 point coming down the trail towards a pile of old acorns the creek had washed up just 20 yards from my tree. A minute goes by and I hear something coming down the same trail, I turn to look and all I see is a nice wide spread, shooter! A lump ascends to my throat and my heart starts to pump as I immediately pick up my bow and attach my release. He struts on in grunting and bumping the other deer away. The 6 point kinda halfway tries to challenge him but the he was no match and was quickly chased away. As he made his way back to me I drew back. BUSTED! He caught me moving and trotted off to about 40 yards and looked back at me. His *** end was facing me but he turned back just enough to clear a path to his vitals. The entire season flashed before my eyes. All of the close calls, empty blood trails, dissapointments, hard work, and good laughs around the campfire with my brothers and friends... "FFFTT"! I watched my arrow fly through the air, and cringed when I saw my lumenok stop in his hindquarter. He buckled a little before limping off into the woods and my heart sunk to my stomach. I nocked another arrow in case he managed to circle back around. It was Such a tight window but I couldn't believe I had possibly messed up another opportunity. At the same time, I couldn't stop thinking about a hunting show I was watching a couple years back where a guy made a hindquarter shot like I did, and found out there was a main artery right about where his arrow hit. Long story short, he actually got to recover his buck.. So I was holding onto the possibility that my rage expandable got the job done.
                              I climbed down out of my tree and walked back up to the truck to call my fiance and tell her what happened. I gave him about an hour an a half to expire, and decided to go check for blood. I did find some small specs close to where I shot him, but I kept losing the trail and having to double back and restart. I finally began to notice more blood! He was zigzagging! I followed it for almost 100 yards before I looked up and my headlamp caught a big white belly behind a pine tree. He's down!!! I threw my arms in the air and shook my head in disbelief as i wrapped my hands around his horns. I can't believe I got it done in the last light of the last day!
                              I had some ups and downs this season but overall I am very happy with how it turned out. Moral of the story is, never give up!!!
                              Here are a couple pics. Yes I know I'm not in my orange but at this point I was already back to my house about to hoist him up. Also, no worries, tag is attached on his back leg for transportation purposes. Here he is

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170101_211344.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	24478184

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X