Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
    Has anyone killed a decent Buck yet at Sam Houston???
    There are no deer the Sam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
      There are no deer the Sam

Evidently not.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        Evidently not.
        Maybe I will stir the pot then I think there are a few deer around the area! He wasn't taken to far from the Sam Ill be headed to the forest the rest of the week looking for my next!
        Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone killed a decent Buck yet at Sam Houston???
          If I have I wouldn't post it on here.

Comment

Are you going to get into another line of work?

Btw have you killed anything yet this season? I remember last year you kicked the Forest's butt.
            Yes sir. Going back to concrete/admixture sales. Where I'm home every night! And I killed two in the middle of October on private land. Hunted the crap out of the Sam for the last 3 weeks I was home but nothing was taken. Been working a lot so nothing lately.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
              Yes sir. Going back to concrete/admixture sales. Where I'm home every night! And I killed two in the middle of October on private land. Hunted the crap out of the Sam for the last 3 weeks I was home but nothing was taken. Been working a lot so nothing lately.
              Lee, good luck with the new job. I also took a nice buck and doe in October on private land.

Comment

Maybe I will stir the pot then I think there are a few deer around the area! He wasn't taken to far from the Sam Ill be headed to the forest the rest of the week looking for my next!
                Beautiful buck AA.. Love that extra point by the base, hes definitely a deer to be proud of!
                There have been a handful of good deer taken in the Sam this year, some have shared pictures others have not. Good luck in the forest, she has been aweful stingy

Comment

Geez I need to kill something. I'm going nuts here.

Oops. I said nuts.
                  John, sometimes you have to move around to find the deer. I know on private land it hard to move around. If I don't see much activity in one area. I move to the next, a few of us hunters on here have up to the letter E in back up places to hunt the Sam.

Sometimes you just have to scout while your hunting.Many times I have passed up good trails that were a few hundred yards from my truck. To get deeper in the forest and came back to hunt the closer trails and connected with a nice buck.

I have to make myself hunt outside the box on some occasions. If the deer sign is there why not hunt that spot.

Have you hunted the Sam this year?

Comment

Hate to say it, but the Sam is flat out depressing.. heading to Somerville in the morning, i need to see me a dern deer. Lee county will be a nice change of scenery, never had a deerless hunt in them woods-

Welcome to the Sam . That's how it usually is unless you are near it on private property and can bait. Which then it really isn't the Sam then.
                    Last edited by HotRod Hunter; 12-06-2016, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                      Welcome to the Sam . That's how it is unless you are near it on private property and can bait. Which then it really isn't the Sam then.
                      This is true...
                      Been hunting it off and on for 15yrs, guess its really starting to take a toll on me. Not really a choice, but more like a lack of options.. darn i wish it wasn't so close

Comment

This is true...
                        Been hunting it off and on for 15yrs, guess its really starting to take a toll on me. Not really a choice, but more like a lack of options.. darn i wish it wasn't so close

I hear ya , This is mine and my Brother NF Hunter's 26th year in the Sam. And it is or can be very hit and miss even after so many years and so many spots that we have scouted and have as back up spots .
                        Last edited by HotRod Hunter; 12-06-2016, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                          If I have I wouldn't post it on here.
                          Bahahahaha!

Comment

Frankly I've found that deer around here won't move well when it's too cold (they're like us: not accustomed to it). I think Friday late morning and in to the afternoon will be better.
                            You nailed it John. But it is still hard for me not to go out in the freezing knowing that i finally won't have to sweet my Arse off.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
                              Going after some pigs on Wednesday and Thursday I found where they are . Last week I missed one and saw three more one close to 300 lbs.
                              Good luck Ray. My luck with pigs is when I find them they aren't there the next time they are like Gypsies

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                                Good luck Ray. My luck with pigs is when I find them they aren't there the next time they are like Gypsies
                                I think that the all white oaks trees that dropped hundreds of pound of acorns keep them coming to the same spot. Sometimes I can hear them fighting each other on the thick stuff and they usually come out around 9am or late in the evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X