Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam Houston Hunt

Hey y'all, heading to SHNF later this month for a little camping and hunting with the family. Gonna be close to Double Lake Recreation Area. No lease this year and heading to a ranch in January. Only time I could get for work. Y'all have any spots I could hunt. Just kidding.
    Just wondering about some map apps that were good and y'all liked to get me started to check out some areas other than google earth. I know I'm going in late and with no pre scouting, so I'm kinda just winging it, which I don't like, and I only have 3 days to hunt. Also didn't get a USFS antleress permit this year, I heard the USFS might still issue one even though its past the time. Is that true?Thanks y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Saw a truck by one of the hunting areas, figured it might be one of y'all.
      John, I was just asking why because sometimes there a story about a truck with big tires in the NF. Remember the big red Ford story last year or the year before?

Comment

Originally posted by deberg1122 View Post
        Hey y'all, heading to SHNF later this month for a little camping and hunting with the family. Gonna be close to Double Lake Recreation Area. No lease this year and heading to a ranch in January. Only time I could get for work. Y'all have any spots I could hunt. Just kidding.
        Just wondering about some map apps that were good and y'all liked to get me started to check out some areas other than google earth. I know I'm going in late and with no pre scouting, so I'm kinda just winging it, which I don't like, and I only have 3 days to hunt. Also didn't get a USFS antleress permit this year, I heard the USFS might still issue one even though its past the time. Is that true?Thanks y'all.
        Good luck..in for replies on map apps. I've only used Google earth.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
            John, I was just asking why because sometimes there a story about a truck with big tires in the NF. Remember the big red Ford story last year or the year before?
            Y'all keep an eye on a silver 4×4 four door Toyota with a covered bed. that's the truck that parked next to mine the day before my truck was vandalized. the driver got out of the truck and went around to the passenger side of my truck, it was still dark and he didn't know I was there when I turn on my dome lights he got nervous and he said he wanted to ask me if I was going to hunt that area. I went back to looked for him and seen his truck parked around 149 .my friend also saw the same truck next to his car and the driver told him that he was looking for his sister. I got the license if any one wants it is can send it tru pm.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
              LOL Oh yeah. I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
                Y'all keep an eye on a silver 4×4 four door Toyota with a covered bed. that's the truck that parked next to mine the day before my truck was vandalized. the driver got out of the truck and went around to the passenger side of my truck, it was still dark and he didn't know I was there when I turn on my dome lights he got nervous and he said he wanted to ask me if I was going to hunt that area. I went back to looked for him and seen his truck parked around 149 .my friend also saw the same truck next to his car and the driver told him that he was looking for his sister. I got the license if any one wants it is can send it tru pm.
                Ray I would like you to pm me the license plate number and anything else you can about it. Just in case I see the truck. I drive 149 a lot for work and hunting. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks

Comment

Sent!

Comment

Saw a truck by one of the hunting areas, figured it might be one of y'all.
                    Oops, was I in your parking spot?

Well 13hrs in a tree yielded a big goose egg for team Ambush.. had a little action around midday but that was pretty much it. Gonna keep an eye on the weather but looks like its a wash out for Sat-Sun.. Good luck to you other boys out there braving the elements!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
                      PM Chew, he can run it for you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by deberg1122 View Post
                        I really like huntstand. Also I've been using google maps lately. I can mark a spot and then send it to someone if I want to. A buddy has sent me several spots, works pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                          Oops, was I in your parking spot?

Well 13hrs in a tree yielded a big goose egg for team Ambush.. had a little action around midday but that was pretty much it. Gonna keep an eye on the weather but looks like its a wash out for Sat-Sun.. Good luck to you other boys out there braving the elements!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                          LOL If it was you I might have considered rerouting my trip to the lease.

J/k of course. If it was you my lips are sealed as to where I saw ya.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                            I really like huntstand. Also I've been using google maps lately. I can mark a spot and then send it to someone if I want to. A buddy has sent me several spots, works pretty good.

I still need to get back to that spot I shot my doe a few years back. I dropped a glove and I want it back.

Seriously though I want to check that oak flat were you and I found some scrapes in that same area. That spot had big buck written all over it.

Comment

Finally got a buck on the ground y'all. Still gonna hunt the forest for the next few weeks but spent a few days at some family land in lampasas after thanksgiving and got this guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I still need to get back to that spot I shot my doe a few years back. I dropped a glove and I want it back.

Seriously though I want to check that oak flat were you and I found some scrapes in that same area. That spot had big buck written all over it.
                                I agree. I really need to spend some time out of my normal areas.

Comment

Working...
                                X