No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a newbie to muzzleloader. The CVA that I have is .50 cal. I shoot the crushed rib sabot's. I'm surprised at how accurate it is.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

BC, I have a Lyman trade rifle .50 cal and I like it. They are very well made, fit and finish and it shoots good. I've also got a Traditions Pioneer Hawkins in .50 cal it shoots good also.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
        I'm a newbie to muzzleloader. The CVA that I have is .50 cal. I shoot the crushed rib sabot's. I'm surprised at how accurate it is.

ML is something I would like to get in to at some point. May need to pick you and Tod's brain about this because I know nothing about them.

Comment

Tc .50 blows a hole in a paper plate that my thumb can go through, makes the .270 look like a BB gun. Load loose powder Open sights.

, very accurate and potentially better than a rifle bc it will shoot through brush and stay on course. (Helpful in the sam)I can't say the same about the .270. But that said my 270 is what's climbing a tree with me. I bought the ml to get that extra week of hunting after rifle season closes. once as a kid I shot a doe in the ear through 15 yards of thicket with a ml.. All I could see was a white ear. I probably wouldn't take that shot today but it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
            Anyone here shoots a Lyman great Plains or a hawken and how do you like them?
            I have a TC Hawken percussion, TC Hawken flintlock, and a Traditions percussion that looks like Hawken. I shoot patch and ball look powder. I love them! Muzzleloader season is hands down my favorite since I get the woods to myself for the most part, and I'm after meat mainly anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiakk View Post
              I have a TC Hawken percussion, TC Hawken flintlock, and a Traditions percussion that looks like Hawken. I shoot patch and ball look powder. I love them! Muzzleloader season is hands down my favorite since I get the woods to myself for the most part, and I'm after meat mainly anyways.
              I too shoot patch and ball percussion guns, have a TC and CVA both in .50 cal.. Love to hunt that late season and get a crack at does one more time, my only frustration is the dreaded misfire. Tried leaving my gun in the cold overnight to reduce condensation and I do clean it often. Dropping grains down the flash hole helps some, but I still get a fowled charge now and then.. guess thats just all part of muzzle loading-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

The private land area is pretty small ~40 acres, not enough to hold deer but I put out just enough vanilla corn to stop them when they pass through. Too many oak trees dropping acorns to draw them out consistently.

Comment

Same

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                  CVA optima here. Sorry BC, no help.

Same here!!

Comment

Hey Guys/Girls with this untraditionally warm fall You need to protect yourselves from them mosquitoes. Through the Thanksgiving Holiday I felt pretty rough druging my self with ibuprofen to get rid of my body aches and pains trying to make it out to hunt. On Sunday night I broke my fever some . then awoke to a rash on Monday which is worse today. So I went to the Dr. Today and he agreed with my self diagnoses. He said I had a better than 50/50 chance of having West Nile being I have or have had every mild symptom . But they won't know until the blood work comes back which could be Close to a week . So bring out them Termicells or buy one if you don't have one.
                    Last edited by HotRod Hunter; 11-29-2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                      Hey Guys/Girls with this untraditionally warm fall You need to protect yourselves from them mosquitoes. Through the Thanksgiving Holiday I felt pretty rough druging my self with ibuprofen to get rid of my body aches and pains trying to make it out to hunt. On Sunday night I broke my fever some . then awoke to a rash on Monday which is worse today. So I went to the Dr. Today and he agreed with my self diagnoses. He said I had a better than 50/50 chance of having West Nile being I have or have had every mild symptom . But they won't know until the blood work comes back which could be Close to a week . So bring out them Termicells or buy one if you don't have one.
                      Wow! Now thats an eye opener for sure... Hope everything comes out good for you, doesn't sound like thats anything to mess around with.

I use my Thermacell religiously, but honestly have not had any skeeters bother me in weeks... Hmm, so we got ticks crawlin around with Lyme disease and mosquitoes flying around with West Nile! Its a jungle out there, Thanks for the warning HR-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry to hear that Brad. I bet that sucked. Hope you recover quickly.

Comment

Dude, are ya bleeding......then shake it off, your all right.

Seriously, I hope the test comes back negative

Comment

I didn't hardly skip a beat . I just moved a little slower .

I hope it comes back negative as well thanks .

Thanks
                            HF and Ambush
                            Last edited by HotRod Hunter; 11-29-2016, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I didn't hardly skip a beat . I just moved a little slower .

I hope it comes back negative as well thanks .

Thanks
                              HF and Ambush
                              Dang, Brad. I hope you get to feeling better soon. We're about to hit the downhill side of the season.
                              Last edited by Etxbuckman; 11-29-2016, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Brad. Hope the test comes back negative, but you get some good resolution.

Comment

Working...
                                X