Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTBean View Post
    I called the SHNF office this morning to make sure I was not going to violate any rules and was told I could not hunt in the Little Lake Creek Wilderness area. According to the USFS Web site and the Public Hunting Booklet it is legal.
    I have a call into the game warden. I am starting to wonder if there is ever any reason the SHNF office should be called?
    This is BS. Why wouldn't they just say,"I don't know". I grew up about mile from Little Lake Creek Wilderness. VERY thick country. They do not burn it or log it. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
      This is BS. Why wouldn't they just say,"I don't know". I grew up about mile from Little Lake Creek Wilderness. VERY thick country. They do not burn it or log it. Good Luck.
      Holy cow! I've seen a ghost!

How you doing Brandon? I was just talking about you. Haven't seen you on here in forever.
      Been hunting any?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
        Holy cow! I've seen a ghost!

How you doing Brandon? I was just talking about you. Haven't seen you on here in forever.
        Been hunting any?

Lol howdy Damian! Been doing lots of hunting, not that it's doing me any good lol.
        Went to Montana twice unsuccessfully. We went up to Angelina NF weds through Saturday last week then the cool front comes in the day we leave. I did end up getting a little 80 pound pig while I was up there so I'm not completely scoreless for the season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
          Lol howdy Damian! Been doing lots of hunting, not that it's doing me any good lol.
          Went to Montana twice unsuccessfully. We went up to Angelina NF weds through Saturday last week then the cool front comes in the day we leave. I did end up getting a little 80 pound pig while I was up there so I'm not completely scoreless for the season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
          That's good to hear. Plenty of time and deer in the woods. It'll happen.

Comment

Well i finally made it happen this morning. At 6:48 this morning this guy was stepped out and i let an arrow fly. My arrow deflected off a branch and hit him in the spine. He dropped but got behind cover before i could get another arrow in him. i waited about 30 minutes and decided i needed to slowly get down and get another arrow in him for good measure. I climbed down and nocked an arrow and creeped over to where he was and ultimately gave him the finally kill shot. Many hours in the stand this season finally paid off and i couldn't be happier. This is my first season back in the Forrest since being in the service for the past 3 years. Not my biggest buck out of the forrest but definitely my most proudest deer as it was my first public land trophy with my bow. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
            Main frame 8 with broken g3 on the left side and broken right browtine

Last edited by TxHunt&Fish7; 11-24-2016, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunt&Fish7 View Post
              Well i finally made it happen this morning. At 6:48 this morning this guy was stepped out and i let an arrow fly. My arrow deflected off a branch and hit him in the spine. He dropped but got behind cover before i could get another arrow in him. i waited about 30 minutes and decided i needed to slowly get down and get another arrow in him for good measure. I climbed down and nocked an arrow and creeped over to where he was and ultimately gave him the finally kill shot. Many hours in the stand this season finally paid off and i couldn't be happier. This is my first season back in the Forrest since being in the service for the past 3 years. Not my biggest buck out of the forrest but definitely my most proudest deer as it was my first public land trophy with my bow.
              Sweet deal! I didn't realize you were on TBH? Your brother Clayton sent me the pics this morning. Good job getting it done on public land, Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Another Picture

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                  Sweet deal! I didn't realize you were on TBH? Your brother Clayton sent me the pics this morning. Good job getting it done on public land, Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                  Yea I've been on here for a couple years, i just don't post much. I appreciate it.
                  Last edited by TxHunt&Fish7; 11-25-2016, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Congrats on the buck. That's a great deer for a welcome back!

I'm in a tree with my muzzleloader. I was climbing up when I heard acorns popping. I got to the height I wanted and looked over 20 yards and there is a pig, eating away. I mean, I'm still climbing up. Backpack and gun still on the ground. I even got pictures!

Spent 10 minutes all around me. Crazy. Something may ba harmed in the making of this day!

Thank you Lord!!!!!

Comment

Nice buck hunt and fish and ThankYou for your service. Hf that's pretty funny how it stuck around. They must really be noisy eaters to not hear you climb. I'm assuming if it's eating acorns your on public land? Good luck up there!

Comment

Awesome buck TxHunt!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Job well done TxHunt. That's a good'en for sure.

Comment

Congrats TxHunt!

Comment

This guy tried to run by me today and he did not make it. First animal in the Sam this year. Still need a buck.

Comment

You gotta love slow pigs. Nice work.

Comment

Working...
                                X