No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunted this evening... had a lone spike at 25yds, but not much else moving. Good Luck NF

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
      Hunted this evening... had a lone spike at 25yds, but not much else moving. Good Luck NF

You passed up an a SHNF 11 point? Wow! You really are on a mission to kill a big deer!

[emoji106] [emoji1]

I've never shot a spike in the Sam. I just can't bring myself to do it.

Now if we could shoot 2 bucks, one 13" and a spike I might use it as a freezer filler. But those spikes will grow up to be a bigger buck...and that's important. Let em grow!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
        You passed up an a SHNF 11 point? Wow! You really are on a mission to kill a big deer!

[emoji106] [emoji1]

I've never shot a spike in the Sam. I just can't bring myself to do it.

Now if we could shoot 2 bucks, one 13" and a spike I might use it as a freezer filler. But those spikes will grow up to be a bigger buck...and that's important. Let em grow!

I agree 100%

A spike is not always a spike. I normally try to go to different counties and take three 13" deer..

You mentioned something that I'm not aware of. Are you saying if you shoot a 13" buck in the Sam Houston you cannot shoot a spike in the Sam also??

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
          I agree 100%

A spike is not always a spike. I normally try to go to different counties and take three 13" deer..

You mentioned something that I'm not aware of. Are you saying if you shoot a 13" buck in the Sam Houston you cannot shoot a spike in the Sam also??

That's correct. In the Sam you only get one buck. A spike or a 13"+ buck.

I believe it's because of the pressure it gets. If they allowed 2 bucks, there would be that many fewer deer.

Comment

HF, your correct! Looking for one bigger than 16" now!

Comment

That's correct. In the Sam you only get one buck. A spike or a 13"+ buck.

I believe it's because of the pressure it gets. If they allowed 2 bucks, there would be that many fewer deer.

How many deer can you harvest?
              You can harvest 5 deer statewide. No more than 3 bucks (Be sure to stay within the bag limit of the county you are in. For example,if the limit in County A is 2 buck and the limit in County B is 2 buck, then you can take 2 buck in either County A or B and then only one more buck in the other county).
              In the WMAs, the bag limit is one buck.
              This is included in your total county limit. For example: Sabine County bag limit is two bucks. If you harvest a buck on the Moore Plantation WMA, you can now only harvest one more buck in the whole of Sabine County, not two more.

Found on tpwd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You are allowed 2 doe during archery season. You're only allowed one buck, all seasons combined. You are not allowed a doe during general season, unless you have a doe permit.

Comment

Well I personally saw 3 bucks killed last weekend that were nice, all within 72 hours. I am jinxed- I didn't see squat. I'm starting to think my ex wife hexed me[emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by trophytrout1 View Post
                    Well I personally saw 3 bucks killed last weekend that were nice, all within 72 hours. I am jinxed- I didn't see squat. I'm starting to think my ex wife hexed me[emoji38]

well trophy ill be gone for a week in tennessee and when i get back ill be chasing big trout and putting the bow away! lemme know!

Comment

Originally posted by trophytrout1 View Post

Sounds like it's time to change locations. I'm ready to get on some trout too.

I've got a doe tag to fill though.

Comment

Sounds like it's time to change locations. I'm ready to get on some trout too.

I've got a doe tag to fill though.

yea but you still got over a month to fill a doe tag... after all you are hf "king of the sam" lol jk but for real that should be clock work for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
                          yea but you still got over a month to fill a doe tag... after all you are hf "king of the sam" lol jk but for real that should be clock work for ya!
                          Yeah, I'm not worried about it. I should be able to pull it off.

Comment

I have had enough! I'm sick and tired of seeing deer 70-100 yrds out. Rifle is coming out tomorrow morning. Hunted till about 8:30, had to go to work. Deer were on their feet when I left.
                            Last edited by jimmyjams4110; 11-21-2016, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmichaelm View Post
                              How many deer can you harvest?
                              You can harvest 5 deer statewide. No more than 3 bucks (Be sure to stay within the bag limit of the county you are in. For example,if the limit in County A is 2 buck and the limit in County B is 2 buck, then you can take 2 buck in either County A or B and then only one more buck in the other county).
                              In the WMAs, the bag limit is one buck.
                              This is included in your total county limit. For example: Sabine County bag limit is two bucks. If you harvest a buck on the Moore Plantation WMA, you can now only harvest one more buck in the whole of Sabine County, not two more.

Found on tpwd

Thanks for explaining the limits

Comment

Originally posted by pelochas View Post
                                Thanks for explaining the limits

Just know those are state limits. The Sam has its own set of limits.

Comment

Working...
                                X