No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southwest side of San Angelo here. This will be my first year trying Twin Buttes and the State Park. Had a lease between Knickerbocker and Christoval last year.

Comment

Grape Creek ( but don't tell anybody).

Comment

Anybody notice the new bag limit on deer

Comment

Hi everyone, just joined this thread and just recently learned of TBR. I live in Beaumont and want to give it a try out there this year. Would like to come spend a week sometime in December since I'll be off work for that month. This is a very large thread so it will take me some time to get through it but will be looking forward to any and all info I can get from those with experience out there. First question is about exotics. What can be expected to be seen there and what are their populations like?

Comment

<.003% of seeing an Exotic on TBR.... Most exotic thing that's not an exotic that you'll see is a Javelina... It makes some good jerky that's about it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
              Hi everyone, just joined this thread and just recently learned of TBR. I live in Beaumont and want to give it a try out there this year. Would like to come spend a week sometime in December since I'll be off work for that month. This is a very large thread so it will take me some time to get through it but will be looking forward to any and all info I can get from those with experience out there. First question is about exotics. What can be expected to be seen there and what are their populations like?

As far as exotics there is none that I know of. Been going out there year round between huntin and fishin the last 4 years and haven't seen a single one of any kind. While it's possible some could get on it from neighboring areas but it's very unlikely

Comment

new to the forum, plan on doing some scouting this weekend at the TBR. just learned of it, by the look of threads sounds like a great place to hunt

Comment

New to the forum also..I'll be hunting the TBR and the state park this season looking to get my first kill with the bow. As far as camping goes, where is a good spot to pitch a tent up? State park campgrounds, TBR grounds, or somewhere else in San Angelo? Thanks!

Comment

Anyone up for a scouting trip and dove hunt tomorrow?

Comment

What's the chance of seeing a javelina ? I never saw one I was able to hunt ,

Comment

Real good chances... Two were taken last year at two different feeders... Two were taken at two different feeders the year before that... Just gotta know where to setup... They like the thick thorny stuff...

AREA 5

AREA 4

Comment

FYI- just talked to game warden May and asked him about open carry in the twin buttes. He said no side arm(pistols) allowed in twin buttes other than archery or shotguns, unless you have a CHL permit to carry.

Comment

All, since this thread is the most popular I'll post the link to the hunting compartment maps here.

Click on the link below and simply type in Twin Buttes and then click the "Detailed Compartment Maps" to display the PDF file which can be easily printed out for a hard copy.

Link: http://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt/...g/search.phtml

Comment

Thanks for posting that link to maps TGW

Comment

What's the word gents? Anyone knock anything down?

Comment

Working...
                                X