Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back :d

Comment

The godfather to this thread... Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
        The godfather to this thread... Hahaha

No...just been hunting and filming at TBR for close to 20 years. Love the place as a local.

Comment

Idk bro... I would say.... you kinda start this thing... Without you this wouldn't be here

Comment

Ya.....its my local spot so I do love spending time out there even though we have others places to go. Look forward to seeing how things will turn out for the future. I've noticed several of the unnecessary roads are starting to grow over which will help out the deer situation without all the added traffic. My group used to hunt the island pretty hard, but most have moved off to local leases so we just get together opening weekend as a tradition thing.

Comment

JD I dont really say much on this thread, but i do keep up with it and always readying it.

thanks for all the advice, been hunting out there for 5 years now

Comment

Heck yeah man! That's what I'm here for! 40 more days!

Comment

Question for JDVerfurth

Area 1
                  Since I just joined I couldn't send this to you in a private message so here it goes,

hi, just joined because i was kicking around the idea of coming out oct1 and 2nd. sounds like alot of changes, i noticed you said in one post area 1 had bigger deer and looking at sat photos i had already planned on hunting area 1. are there exotics thru there as well? i will back pack it in if need be but what/where is the island i have seen you post about or will it be too crowded? thanks for any info you can give sir!

Comment

Originally posted by billglasco View Post
                    Since I just joined I couldn't send this to you in a private message so here it goes,

hi, just joined because i was kicking around the idea of coming out oct1 and 2nd. sounds like alot of changes, i noticed you said in one post area 1 had bigger deer and looking at sat photos i had already planned on hunting area 1. are there exotics thru there as well? i will back pack it in if need be but what/where is the island i have seen you post about or will it be too crowded? thanks for any info you can give sir!
                    No you will not see exotics. Yes the Island gets very crowded now that someone gave maps and directions to get to a once locals spot. All units are "good" spots except maybe area 6. Not trying to discourage anyone but by the descriptions you get of the area in the Public Lands Guide with your permits , it sounds like a hunters paradise. If I saw half of what is described that would be awesome but in 20yrs of hunting this place I can say I have seen hogs 1 time and exotics 1 time because they got off a local ranch. They have not been seen in over 5 years due to being shot at (several left for waste) and the rest ran off back onto private land. Good luck if ya come down. Maybe we all see ya in camp.

Comment

thanks sanangelobowman

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                      No you will not see exotics. Yes the Island gets very crowded now that someone gave maps and directions to get to a once locals spot. All units are "good" spots except maybe area 6. Not trying to discourage anyone but by the descriptions you get of the area in the Public Lands Guide with your permits , it sounds like a hunters paradise. If I saw half of what is described that would be awesome but in 20yrs of hunting this place I can say I have seen hogs 1 time and exotics 1 time because they got off a local ranch. They have not been seen in over 5 years due to being shot at (several left for waste) and the rest ran off back onto private land. Good luck if ya come down. Maybe we all see ya in camp.
                      sounds like you guys are in the same boat as twak and the caddo only yall are just getting started with the new oversight. guess ill stay up here where I know. good luck to all and ill keep following for the pearls of wisdom found intermixed with the rants and raves lol.

Comment

Just a lil update for some of yall Area 1 guys......water level is really high. If you are planning on crossing the creek "You know where".....ya better have a boat or some really good chest waders. I actually saw a full size center console fishing guide boat go UP the creek recently.

Comment

Was bowfishing there Sunday it's way up... You're right...

Comment

Was bowfishing there Sunday it's way up... You're right...

On the good side of that.........it doesn't look like anyone has been in there for a VERY long time.

Don't worry ......I wont be in there. Ive dragged enough deer off that place. I'm down the road just a bit nowadays.

Comment

I see now if you use ATV out there on the Buttes you have to wear helmets and eye protection just saw it on the news and of course the off road sticker

Comment

Anyone on here that gets a ticket for this please post it.... I definitely will need a good laugh at some point in my life.... See y'all out there

Comment

Working...
                                X