X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's crazy. Thanks.

Comment

Spring Turkey

This will be my first year hunting the buttes. As a college kid, I'm just looking to get some week day morning turkey hunts in. What units seem to be the best on turkey this year? and is it usually crowded out there during turkey season?

Comment

5 1 3 areas are good areas... Start setting up cameras it roosting areas and see what kind of activity you can get on camera... They will change their habits as spring season begins... Like last year the spring season missed the breeding time by about 10 days so birds were not as responsive to calls as they should have been

Comment

I work at the San Angelo Claybird association and supposedly I'm pretty close to unit 5. Where do you park if you're going to hunt unit 5?

Comment

If you're leaving SACBA heading back to Angelo.... The second bridge pull in that dirt road left (north) you can park all along the fence line up to the property boundary... Or you can can follow that dirt road up behind the ol' bait stand and then up the river all the way to the back... There's only one road in and one road out... So you can't get lost...

Comment

awesome, thanks for the help!

Comment

My son lives in San Angelo. Is it worth trying to call a turkey out there?

Comment

Have land that borders the twin buttes hunting area. Turkeys have always responded to calls so that I could at least locate them.

Comment

Area 3/4 in the back up spring creek... Lots of birds typically... Been all over area 5 with no results and everything back towards 67 from the boys ranch entrance with no results... Area 1 south on the island I'm sure would be a great spot to check out....

Comment

What road do you take to get to area 1 and 2 on the south pool. I was out there last week and was unable to find any of the hunting area

Comment

Kind of shocked that there are not any comments or thoughts about the Texas Parks &Wildlife taking over Twin Buttes and everyone that hunts out there has to pay 48.00 and my guess is that all of the feeders that were out there will probably not be aloud anymore. Really waiting to here rather or not you are going to have to walk in all the areas now to hunt since UTV,s and 4x4 are not aloud for now. At least not the 2016-17 hunting season

Comment

My feeder will stay I'll pay 48 bucks... It's stupid what they are doing... But we would never be able to unite enough people to fight it... It's just a lost cause... What's the point of calling it hunting land... Why not call it endless walking with low chance of wildlife sighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

People are really going to complain about having to pay 48 bucks for land to hunt on???? Wow

Comment

When you could drive within 800-500 yards of your blind and feeder... Now it's gonna be a mile to hike...48 bucks just to walk a mile when you could drive close for free... Kind of a slap in the face IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Real talk time...

Im not trying to argue at all but nothing is free. We as hunters are one of the biggest factors effecting conservation of wildlife and wild places and we can't take and take without giving back to the land, and one of the ways we do that is with APH purchases.

TX doesn't have a lot of public access hunting land but that $48 more than pays for itself in the access it grants us, and that money also goes right back into the conservation pot. IMO TX hunters should all buy APH's even if they don't ever plan on hunting public land.

I'm not fan of the government or giving them money but state wildlife conservation is one of the few areas where the government actually uses the money as it is intended.

And besides... hiking is one of the joys of hunting. lol :-D

Comment

Working...
                                X