No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this on the TPWD facebook page and didn't know if you guys had seen it or not, anyway it makes me sick.

On November 15, 2015, Tom Green County Texas Game Wardens were notified by a caller of four dumped deer in the ATV recreational area of Twin Buttes. The backstrap was the only meat removed from the deer. Several of the deer had a broken hind leg.

If you have information regarding this crime or anyone involved, call the TPWD Operation Game Thief REWARD HOTLINE at 1-800-792-GAME (4263). You may remain anonymous. If information you provide leads to a conviction of the violators, you may be eligible a cash reward.
    Attached Files

Comment

Anybody know what the fate of the public land will be next year

Comment

Unit 4 is getting crazy crowded if anyone was wondering

Comment

Originally posted by Mlenderman32 View Post
          Anybody know what the fate of the public land will be next year
          I doubt it changes. I was talking to lake patrol the other day the officer was telling me every so often the idea of turning TB over to TPWD gets tossed around but never happens. I kinda think that fencing everything off cleaning units up gates and what not would be enough $$ to deter that thought but idk.

Comment

So unit 5 heads up. Some a$& hat stole a card out of my camera this weekend. I saw an older guy white hair about 6 ft tall or a little more walking by smoking a cigarette in head to toe camo with a shotgun eyeing my set up pretty good. Not saying it was him but there wasn't many other people I saw out there this weekend and definitely not any others near my set up.

Comment

Did they open up the gates? Or are they still worried about the roads

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloBow48 View Post
                Did they open up the gates? Or are they still worried about the roads
                They did not shut the one going into unit five but I don't know about the others.

Comment

Area 1 locked.... Long walk to the back was worth it

Comment

Didn't feel like walking haha, still recovering from a tryptophan overdose

Comment

Where has the best activity been this year? My buddy and I went to Unit 4 a few weeks ago around the boys ranch area and didnt see much of anything. If we did see something it was so far off heading in the opposite direction we didnt have a chance to get it. Just looking for some intel on the most promising area.

Comment

Area 1

Comment

Thanks Man!

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                          Area 1
                          JD, you helped me out last year while getting oriented to the TBR. I wanted to take a minute to thank you! I've moved to the DFW area, and most likely won't make it out to TBR this year. I'm going to try to hit up LBJ Grasslands though. Anyway thanks Brother. And for anyone who doesn't know, JD is a strait up guy.

In fact, he even drove all the way into the park (during his lunch) when I killed my truck battery like a dumbass, to jump my truck.

like I said STRAIT UP GUY.

Comment

Anyone hunted the buttes lately? Looking to see if I can find any movement these last few days.

Comment

Has anyone seen any geese out at the buttes?

Comment

In my 8 years duck hunting out there I probably only saw 10-12 geese, so not really..

Comment

Working...
                                X