THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Lol right JD. I don't think that page says anything about walk on only at TB. I have looked through that page and had many discussions with the game wardens and multiple lake patrol officers. I think I am fairly versed in the rules and regs out on TB which are kinda foggy any how with TPWD and City of San Angelo both saying these or those rules/regs. One officer even mentioned BLM adding to it. Pretty much don't be a jackwagon and if you leave stuff out there its at your own risk. To my knowledge there is not any part of TB that is public ground (not restricted by fences or gates) that is walk on only. Which seems to be the same opinion of the lake patrol officers I have talked to. The officers I have talked to also have said that there always seems to be people that think they own the public ground and harass people even locked gates so other people can't access those areas which is the type they figure this guy to be. These officers also said they are more than willing to handle issues such as these and to report them. If this **** in the punch bowl at unit 5 is getting upset over a couple guys back there in one vehicle he will have a stroke when all the people that hunt that little unit show up and are all over the place lol
      Last edited by DuramaxDude; 10-02-2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Is this the same guy who put livestock out last year? His horses destroyed my blind and feeder last year. Then his goats constantly came in and spooked the deer off.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Shooter View Post
          Is this the same guy who put livestock out last year? His horses destroyed my blind and feeder last year. Then his goats constantly came in and spooked the deer off.
          No its not the leasee out there. He was actually an ok guy. This is some other dude out there. The leasee still has his rag tag heard of livestock out there also. Those horses and the cows tore up everything I had out there my buddy's to it sucked. We moved around all over that unit and couldn't get away from them. This guy had walked into the unit on the west side. This dude is seriously gonna be mad though if there is even half as many people out there as there was last year though. I bet I saw 20 different people out there last year and most of them on that west side. It would be flippin hilarious if that moocher guy in the maroon dodge shows up this year with his shotgun and hunts over this other dudes set up like has done in the past. Hope he tears down the guys blind shoots one and then guts it at the guys corn pile like he did me a couple years ago.

Comment

Only thing I was getting at is the page says feeders and blinds are not supposed to be left out. I don't care one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
              Only thing I was getting at is the page says feeders and blinds are not supposed to be left out. I don't care one way or another.
              Yeah I got ya bud. It says in out same day but like you said nobody pays attention to it and I am not sure if lake patrol really cares just don't call complaining if someone steals it or tears it up. I think the guys that dude was harassing were scouting out a spot to hand corn. Idk if they set out a stand or blind.

Comment

I'm looking for someone who hunts twin butte who needs a hunting partner. I need a place to hunt and don't know the area and can't find any good maps. Curious what the roads are like, my wife will kill me if I scratch her truck up.

Comment

Have own blind and feeder?

Comment

Well.... I new to public hunting and have never been there.. My son attends ASU but doesn't hunt. I live in Coleman. I'm not in to using other peoples setups or messing around where I know someone is hunting. I do have a feeder but will probably use hand corn. Im just concerned about safety and well being.....not really good to venture out alone these days. I'm also concerned about vehicle access, I don't have a vehicle to get in any bad off road areas. "Wife's truck".... Lol
                    Last edited by muddydog; 10-04-2015, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
                      Well.... I new to public hunting and have never been there.. My son attends ASU but doesn't hunt. I live in Coleman. I'm not in to using other peoples setups or messing around where I know someone is hunting. I do have a feeder but will probably use hand corn. Im just concerned about safety and well being.....not really good to venture out alone these days. I'm also concerned about vehicle access, I don't have a vehicle to get in any bad off road areas. "Wife's truck".... Lol
                      Sent you a pm.

Saw a doe this morning but couldn't get a shot. How's everyone else doing?

Comment

I'll be giving you a call soon tatical cowboy

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                          Sent you a pm.

Saw a doe this morning but couldn't get a shot. How's everyone else doing?
                          Ain't lookin good for me. After this morning my hand corn that I through out Tuesday evening was still there. There was a bunch of deer in the area last year but so far nothin this year. I know they're there they just haven't found corn yet

Comment

just a heads up for anyone hunting in San Angelo State Park. The season opens this Saturday. I haven't signed up yet but typically you cannot put blinds out until Friday. I got a call from Kurt Kemp, the park superintendent, this morning asking if I had put blinds out in area 7, which I hadn't. Someone had already put out blinds (brand new ones per Kurt) and a brand new camera. They will be removed today. Gotta follow the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddcaster View Post
                              just a heads up for anyone hunting in San Angelo State Park. The season opens this Saturday. I haven't signed up yet but typically you cannot put blinds out until Friday. I got a call from Kurt Kemp, the park superintendent, this morning asking if I had put blinds out in area 7, which I hadn't. Someone had already put out blinds (brand new ones per Kurt) and a brand new camera. They will be removed today. Gotta follow the rules.
                              I tried to sign up yesterday and they said papers weren't ready that they may not be ready till Wednesday. So we signed up for dove and just walked around a little bit

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
                                I tried to sign up yesterday and they said papers weren't ready that they may not be ready till Wednesday. So we signed up for dove and just walked around a little bit
                                I do my deer scouting while dove hunting!!

Comment

Working...
                                X