No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is not enough law enforcement agents patrolling the area... For this to even be a problem... In theory "NO" you shouldn't have it, plain and simple... However IMO... Law Enforcement Agents treat CHL holders with a different standard once the license is presented.... So I would carry it if it makes you feel bigger than the next guy... And you probably won't have a problem in the world... Rant/rambling over

Comment

Ill make sure to let my buddy know it will make him feel bigger, since he is already a big guy!

thank you for the response

Comment

JD prolly hits it on the head there. I have carried mine a lot when I have been out there scouting or putting out corn etc.. but I have my CHL and I carry pretty much where ever I go. I don't have it on me during bow season though. Just cause its bow season and I don't want to be the one and only guy in history that gets a thorough check from the game warden. Lake patrol I think is the branch of law enforcement that is supposed to patrol it but from what I have seen those guys aren't to bright on the subject. The don't know the hunting rules and regs for out there not only that but the ones I have talked to don't even know the freaking hunting seasons. One didn't even understand the concept of not hunting with a gun during bow season.

Comment

Ha! Gotta love it!

Comment

Anybody had any luck out there during October? Usually go during November but my wife wants to give it a try and her vacation is the third week of October. Just mainly wondering if we need to wait till it gets good and cold to hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
              Anybody had any luck out there during October? Usually go during November but my wife wants to give it a try and her vacation is the third week of October. Just mainly wondering if we need to wait till it gets good and cold to hunt?
              Deer got to eat and drink so no matter how hot or cold they will move. It might be harder when it's hot but it's still possible to get it done.

Comment

Plenty of deer to shoot. Just depends if you are waiting for the right deer. Tons of deer moving with lots of opportunities. I have watched tons of deer sweating bullets from a ground blind out there. Stuck a 6 beginning of October last year, had a chance for a nice 8 but did not give me the right shot.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Yankee you still in town??

Comment

Matt where you hunting this season??

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                        Yankee you still in town??
                        Nope, moved to Tampa at the beginning of the summer. Already miss Texas! Clean-up those deer this season!

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                          Matt where you hunting this season??
                          In a super duper secret spot that I don't even know about cuz I haven't had anytime to scout

Probably same general area as last year.

What about you?

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Shooter View Post
                            Nope, moved to Tampa at the beginning of the summer. Already miss Texas! Clean-up those deer this season!
                            I am sure there will be a few of us that work on that yankee!!!! Is Earl still around?

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                              I am sure there will be a few of us that work on that yankee!!!! Is Earl still around?
                              He is still around...though I do not know how much hunting he will get in this year. I'll have to drop him a line to see what his plans are. He has my spot from last year and another one he set-up that had plenty of movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Shooter View Post
                                He is still around...though I do not know how much hunting he will get in this year. I'll have to drop him a line to see what his plans are. He has my spot from last year and another one he set-up that had plenty of movement.
                                Cool deal! We threw a card from a gam cam he had out in my laptop one day last year he had a good but of movement and one cool 6pt at whatever spot it was. Let him know I will be around also.

Comment

Working...
                                X