Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colby Koenig View Post
    Found this yesterday in area VII along with many more flint shavings.
    That's awesome!

Comment

Anybody got any ideas on how to stop the cows from running off the deer in the evening time from a good spot? I have a good showing at my spot but twice now I have been overrun with cows and they are ruining my hunt. The last time I saw a buck about 70 yards out turnaround because of the cows. Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by howhandi View Post
        Anybody got any ideas on how to stop the cows from running off the deer in the evening time from a good spot? I have a good showing at my spot but twice now I have been overrun with cows and they are ruining my hunt. The last time I saw a buck about 70 yards out turnaround because of the cows. Please advise.
        Are you talking about them just walking near your set or they come walk through your set and eat your corn? If they are walking through your set try to get some old barb wire and put a wire about knee high and chest high. Arrow outta go through no problem the wire shouldn't be in the way of the vitals and the deer can go under or through the wire.

Comment

I've already filled the freezer with deer meat. im getting the fishing bug now, anybody fish nasworthy. Im mostly after bass but havent fished out there much, i have no idea where to start or what to use. Any tips would help. Nasworthy never has a fishing report

Comment

Originally posted by Mlenderman32 View Post
            I've already filled the freezer with deer meat. im getting the fishing bug now, anybody fish nasworthy. Im mostly after bass but havent fished out there much, i have no idea where to start or what to use. Any tips would help. Nasworthy never has a fishing report
            It's still huntin season. Fishin is what you do when when huntin season is closed lol.

Sorry bud I'm no help. I haven't touched a fishing pole since sept. 1st.

Comment

A fishing pole for starts and in the water second

Comment

Get ur bowfishin' gear out and start slaying carp!

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
                  It's still huntin season. Fishin is what you do when when huntin season is closed lol.

Sorry bud I'm no help. I haven't touched a fishing pole since sept. 1st.
                  Hey man im tagged out. Gotta do something

Comment

Cant wait till turkey season though

Comment

Javelinas still in season

Comment

Its deer season, dove season, duck season, turkey season, quail season, javelina, rabbits arr good to eat now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlenderman32 View Post
                          Cant wait till turkey season though
                          ^^^^forgot to tag ya

Comment

Duramax,
                            They are walking through hanging around the area. I have already rebuilt the fence around feeder but they are in the area during daylight and running off the deer. The last time I was out there I literally saw a buck about 70 to 80 yards west of me and he turned and went the other way because the cows were making a lot of noise to the east close by.

Comment

Is it too late in the season to use estrus doe urine and rattle at Twin Buttes? General question, any help would be appreciated. Hearing plenty of gun fire, assuming it's off the public land. Also, how safe is a vehicle on the roads in section VI while out hunting?
                              Last edited by TXbilly79; 12-21-2014, 04:28 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Originally posted by howhandi View Post
                                Duramax,
                                They are walking through hanging around the area. I have already rebuilt the fence around feeder but they are in the area during daylight and running off the deer. The last time I was out there I literally saw a buck about 70 to 80 yards west of me and he turned and went the other way because the cows were making a lot of noise to the east close by.
                                Honestly bud it is hard to just get a group of cows to "not come around". I have used a red rider BB gun and either shot them with it while I was in the blind or got out and ran/pushed them off and while shooting them with the BB gun. If they are just hanging out there you may be able to run them off but if thats where they are bedding or are grazing you may just be SOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X