No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah they have filled some tags... Seen some good deer.... That guy "SLICK" up there a few comments back is the head honcho of the group he was the guy we set that whole day around!

Hey SLICK! Falling is the guy that helped up that weekend back in September!

Comment

does anyone know what kind of flowers these are? Been seeing them a lot, and the wife likes them...just don't know what they are called.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by raider0525 View Post
        does anyone know what kind of flowers these are? Been seeing them a lot, and the wife likes them...just don't know what they are called.
        I call em olds man beard. I don't know the actual name

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
          I call em olds man beard. I don't know the actual name
          Me too

Comment

Ole Rob you still leasing that small strip

Comment

Lots of does on boys ranch side, having trouble seeing any good size bucks

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                Well I have heard stories from a few people that there are people on unit 4 chasing deer down on atvs. It is easily accessible by vehicles so theres a lot of traffic and atv utv and dirtbike riders. Unit 5 is a samll tract and has a lot of people hunting on it this year all and all I have ran into or know of at least 20 different people. There are horses, calves, and goats on it that have blown a lot of hunts ate a lot of corn and tore up a lot off feeders and the leasee is driving the fences in the evenings since people have been cutting and tearing up the fence. From my hunts and gam cam pics when i have been brave enough to leave a camera out almost all movement by anything except fawns is at night. I am guessing all the hunting pressure has them nocturnal. As far as unit 7 I have never been over there.
                Thank you Duramax, will put it all of that info to good use. Will absolutely help me pick places to scout.

Comment

Originally posted by JRGRANADO View Post
                  I know there is a couple different guys that hunt tbr from abilene. Yall might need to meet up and save on gas!
                  JRGRANADO, I dont have the ability to PM as I have not been on for 30 days. However, if you want to have them hit me up I wouldn't mind and the knowledge would be very helpfull.

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post

Can't go wrong with Hoyt and Shwackers...

What part have you been hunting

Comment

Who on here are local guys.
                      I've been hunting unit 4 for a couple of years with some luck but this year has not been to good. Freezer is full but trying to get my wife her first bow buck is proving to be a chore. She got one last year but someone found it before we did and cut the head off.

NEED Help......

Comment

Im in angelo. Lots of small buck in area 2&3 but lots of traffic

Comment

Any of yall the white minivan near area 4 of 67? Or red ford in area 5?

Comment

Originally posted by JRGRANADO View Post
                            Im in angelo. Lots of small buck in area 2&3 but lots of traffic
                            You been hunting boys ranch side

Comment

Did anyone have any luck this weekend

Comment

Nope

Comment

Working...
                                X