No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are 2 game wardens in the entire county... Trust me... Your feeder on public land is the least of their worries... They are too busy chasing poachers like JRGRANADO who road hunt down... Susan Peak Road, Door Key Road, The parks around Nasworthy, Burma Road, Arden Road.... Just to name a few... Hahaha love ya bro... Remember aim for that white spot and they drop like a rock everytime!

Comment

I'm happy that I at least saw a deer last weekend.. It sounded kinda crazy by the Knickerbocker gate.

Comment

I've seen plenty this year but haven't been in the position to take a clean shot yet. A few different bucks, small six and a small 8-10

Comment

Recent bow convert here. Will be hunting TBR in the next couple weeks and will most likely be scouting either this week or next. Traveling from Abilene, but will most likely scout/hunt during the weekdays.

I realize TBR is public land. However, I figured I'd ask the "regulars" for some tips on TBR hunter etiquette. Ie; Don't **** off the locals.

I've already done some scouting on Google Earth and have narrowed down areas VII, V, and the small chunk of area IV to the north.

Again, looking for some tips/tricks and ideas to play nice with everyone else.

Thanks in advance!
          Last edited by TXbilly79; 11-10-2014, 10:01 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Colby Koenig View Post
            But is it legal to have them out there. A game warden isn't going to fine me if he sees me out there with them? They were cheap to make so I'm not worried there.
            from talking to some of the TPW people in town and doing a lot of reading, it is illegal to have a feeder set up on public land. TBR is city owned so it's in kind of a grey area. BUT if you just throw the food out, there wouldn't be any worries. Aside from and warden or even city police stumblingon your feeder...you wouldn't have to worry about someone walking off with your stuff

Comment

Originally posted by TXbilly79 View Post
              Recent bow convert here. Will be hunting TBR in the next couple weeks and will most likely be scouting either this week or next. Traveling from Abilene, but will most likely scout/hunt during the weekdays.

I realize TBR is public land. However, I figured I'd ask the "regulars" for some tips on TBR hunter etiquette. Ie; Don't **** off the locals.

I've already done some scouting on Google Earth and have narrowed down areas VII, V, and the small chunk of area IV to the north.

Thanks in advance!
              I know there is a couple different guys that hunt tbr from abilene. Yall might need to meet up and save on gas!

Comment

Apparently there is a Middle aged guy on area 4 that is driving a UTV through the trees and thick stuff while you are hunting and trying to lay claim on peoples spots. He pulled up on a buddy last weekend and threatened him slightly before he pulled away. Also his wife shot a deer that evening and when the doe ran off she heard gunshots and when they followed the blood trail there was a big blood puddle, drag marks, atv tracks and no deer. What happened to hunters being decent people???

Comment

Originally posted by TXbilly79 View Post

Thanks in advance!
                  Well I have heard stories from a few people that there are people on unit 4 chasing deer down on atvs. It is easily accessible by vehicles so theres a lot of traffic and atv utv and dirtbike riders. Unit 5 is a samll tract and has a lot of people hunting on it this year all and all I have ran into or know of at least 20 different people. There are horses, calves, and goats on it that have blown a lot of hunts ate a lot of corn and tore up a lot off feeders and the leasee is driving the fences in the evenings since people have been cutting and tearing up the fence. From my hunts and gam cam pics when i have been brave enough to leave a camera out almost all movement by anything except fawns is at night. I am guessing all the hunting pressure has them nocturnal. As far as unit 7 I have never been over there.

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post

Wife and I cleaned this weekend
                    Nice JD!!

Comment

All in a day's work...

Comment

Wife and I cleaned this weekend
                        dang!

Comment

JD is an American bad A** in those woods.

Comment

Originally posted by SLICK-PSE_330 View Post
                            JD is an American bad A** in those woods.
                            Yup because he uses Hoyt! Lol jk

Comment

Can't go wrong with Hoyt and Shwackers...

Comment

Can't go wrong with Hoyt and Shwackers...
                                Did your buddies I meet end up getting any JD?

Comment

Working...
                                X