THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howhandi View Post
    So how long after a doe busts you in your blind do you wait to go back to the spot?
    I've been busted plenty times and hunt the next morning or evening and see deer. Now if they bust every sit for 3-4 sits then change what your doing and give that spot a couple days rest.

Public land is tuff and I feel like the deer are way smarter and more spookish.

If you have 2 different spots then go back and forth if you only got one then hunt it when you got a good wind.
    Just remember you can't shoot anything if you don't go

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
      Unit 5 hunters I just figured I would let you guys know there are horses, goats, and atleast 2 bulls out on unit 5 now. I talked to a few people over the weekend out there and the bulls and horses have tore up multiple feeders and stuff already all over the unit. The leasee drives thru there multiple times a week also. I think he is in a black dodge dually so I am sure we will run into him at some point.
      I talked to him briefly and he offered me a ride to my spot...I passed since I just changed and put on scent killer. Seems like a nice fella.

Comment

Hey guys. Just got here! Glad to join yall!

Comment

Yankee, will you or your buddy be hunting this evening? I am going to put corn out at our spots and I know I have to walk by yours to get there.. I dont want to interfere with your hunting. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JRGRANADO View Post
            Hey guys. Just got here! Glad to join yall!
            welcome to the party

Comment

Who else is hunting tonight? I had a spot in area 2 but someone is 100 yards from me. I hunted a known trail and took a bad shot at a doe on Wednesday. Thinkin about going there

Comment

Originally posted by buxNdux View Post
                Yankee, will you or your buddy be hunting this evening? I am going to put corn out at our spots and I know I have to walk by yours to get there.. I dont want to interfere with your hunting. Thanks
                I'll be out in the morning...ready to trample over another rattlesnake. Good luck out there!

Comment

Dura max has killed 2 out there be careful.. We will see you in the am..

Comment

Post results

Comment

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Who hauled corn tonite into area 5 with a white dodge?!!? Good timing BTW....FML
                      Last edited by JDVerfurth; 10-03-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I would like to publicly apologize to you JD, I guess that was your truck parked on the road I saw it on the road and immediately turned around I did not intend to mess up your hunt.. I definitely did not mean to be disrespectful to you.. I will definitely check with you also next time I go full our feeders.. I can't really make your hunt right, but if you ever need any help out there please hollar at me.

Comment

Ok, I am a bit confused. Are there two places to hunt, the state park and TBR?

Comment

Absolutely two seperate..

Comment

Is there a permit for TBR? I bought the APH for the state park already.

Comment

No permit required at tbh

Comment

Working...
                                X