No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd-it's like a maroon rubicon doors usually off ,silver silverado, some sort of Kia Mini-SUV, a 4 door car, a white ford escape pretty banged up, I think posted some pictures of some of the other trucks.

I guess I'll be the **** in the punch bowl here about this whole s hit getting stolen business... Anyone else feel kinda un-easy about not knowing who the identity of the guy?!....

I personally would like a PM sent to me of the image ATLEAST, just so I know if I do happen to run across this person that I need to keep my mouth shut and say as little as possible about what/where I'm hunting.

Not publicly humiliating the poor guy but NOT keep it a secret either, anyone else feel as though they should "know for their own best interest"??

For anyone I've shown my set-up or has walked by it, knows it would take some doing to steal most of my junk.... But if this person is out and about taking others what's going to stop them from taking mine or yours??

So this is my formal request of the image of the perpetrator simply for the fact of my own best interest, NOT public humiliation. I will not turn around and post it PUBLICLY in any form or fashion.

Thank you,

JD Verfurth
    325-374-0811

Comment

I hunt area 5 I would like a personal message with image also just for personal interest for my belongings.

Comment

I also want a private message picture of him I believe this may be the same guy that stole my camera.

Comment

I hunt area v too. I wouldn't mind a pic. I had me stuff stolen last year in area IV.

Comment

What would he need with so much stuff on public land I doubt it is the same guy think someone would of caught him sooner but who knows. I would also like a pic of him or his vehicle so I no not to hunt around him out there PM me

Comment

Well I will be camping at the inlet to the thick part of area 4 this weekend. I will be in a white chevy 4x4. Come by and visit!!

Comment

Sounds like this guy may not be hanging around TBR after this. Shame that that someone would do this but its nice to have a place on this forum to eliminate slugs like this guy. I havent hunted TBR in years and all of the comments on this forum is the main reason that I have stayed away. No one really has time to lug all of there stuff in and out every day and i just dont want to deal with theft. I'll take my chances at SASP. At least its by permit and a little more controlled. i know people have had stuff missiing there too, but it doesnt seem to be as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddcaster View Post
                  Sounds like this guy may not be hanging around TBR after this. Shame that that someone would do this but its nice to have a place on this forum to eliminate slugs like this guy. I havent hunted TBR in years and all of the comments on this forum is the main reason that I have stayed away. No one really has time to lug all of there stuff in and out every day and i just dont want to deal with theft. I'll take my chances at SASP. At least its by permit and a little more controlled. i know people have had stuff missiing there too, but it doesnt seem to be as bad.
                  Is SASP a pretty decent area?? I my last chance to hunt is mid november I was thinking about spending a few days hunting out there. I was thinking of scouting one day and hunting the next 2 out there.

Comment

Duramax... Got time to meet up tonight or tommorow to meet up for a few beverages?

Comment

Ohhhh I bet so. I am always up for some CBs or a tottie!

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                        Is SASP a pretty decent area?? I my last chance to hunt is mid november I was thinking about spending a few days hunting out there. I was thinking of scouting one day and hunting the next 2 out there.
                        I can only speak for myself but I like it there. your chances of shooting a deer of any size (horns) is probably better at TBR based on the pics I've seen on this forum, but that's not why I hunt. I have had success in area 7 at SASP but that is the limit of my experience. they extended the bow only season this year to Dec. 14 so chances may be better once the rut starts.
                        SASP differs from TBR in that you have to have the APH (48 bucks) and you must register at the south gate of the park to hunt. The park ranger DOES check vehicle license plates to make sure you are supposed to be there.
                        Last edited by Toddcaster; 10-31-2013, 08:42 AM.

Comment

And he checks your arrows for name and phone # and to see if you carry rules in pocket to on that price of paper

Comment

I wasnt aware that you had to have name and phone# on arrows is that a state land thing?? Rules in pocket like the annual rule book? I have seen the deer that have come off of the ASU ranch on the other side of 2288 from the SASP and they weren't to shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                              I wasnt aware that you had to have name and phone# on arrows is that a state land thing?? Rules in pocket like the annual rule book? I have seen the deer that have come off of the ASU ranch on the other side of 2288 from the SASP and they weren't to shabby.
                              the ASU Ranch is on the lake side of 2288. There is NO hunting on the lake side. All hunting is in are 1-7 on the other side of 2288. The rules that bert is talking about are issued to you when you sign up. pretty standard stuff, hunter orange in and out of hunting area, no feeders, bag limits, etc and a map of the huntable areas. you can find a map on the tpw website under public hunting.

Comment

And yes its a park thing I never write the right telephone # just in case I decide to mistake a longhorn for a big deer would be so hard to do

Comment

Working...
                                X