No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAB, have you been teal hunting yet or know anyone that has? All my places around Midland are bone dry.

Comment

hay SAB email sent I headed back to kermit last night. did yall get any rain?

Comment

Originally posted by codfish View Post
        SAB, have you been teal hunting yet or know anyone that has? All my places around Midland are bone dry.
        Sorry dont know anybody that duck hunts.

Originally posted by kermittxhunter View Post
        hay SAB email sent I headed back to kermit last night. did yall get any rain?
        Ya we got rain for about 3-4hrs pretty steady at TBR.

Comment

Originally posted by codfish View Post
          the water around this area is not much better i have not been yet but have seen a couple small flocks around on the river have not been on lake

Comment

I saw lots of teal out there the day before the dove opener, haven't been back out there since. My guess is that it's all been shot up, not many spots that are huntable for ducks this year so if you want a decent spot you better pitch a tent.

I'm lucky enough this year to have several private spots to hunt, we've been slaying the teal...

Comment

Stolen Camera

I recently had a trail camera stolen out at VI. I had thrown out some corn and was seeing if I had any deer movement in that area. I had my camera out for literally 4 days. I had a cable and lock on it and someone had to have seen it, went home, got bolt cutters and then went back, cut and stole it. I might have possibly moved on top of somebody. I didn't notice anyone close, but when my stuff got stolen, I found someones spot about 100 yards away. I most def will not hunt that spot since someone else is already there. If you know of anybody hunting out there or have heard of anyone who "found" or took a camera. Please let me know. You can text or call me anytime. 940-867-0767.

Comment

Sorry it happend. I dont know anybody that hunts 6. Way to much traffic around there especially since they let someone put up that livestock fence all the way down to the water edge so ya cant get back to where the only decent spots were.

Comment

I didn't get the chance to drive around area one is there still anything in that area or did the fences drive the deer out? I'm setting up in area two first is anyone else going to be out there on October 1st - 3 rd? i happen to be on days off so i'm going to try my luck on opening day.

Comment

anyone having any luck seeing any deer this year in any of the units?

Comment

probably going to be starting in unit 1 for opening weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by TaterChip View Post
                        anyone having any luck seeing any deer this year in any of the units?
                        that's a good question has anyone seen any deer out there this season? You don't have to tell anyone where just a yes or no and how many will work.

Comment

So is there any news about this year season. We had this drout going on so i just wanted to know if it done any damage for this year.(DEER and TURKEYS)

Comment

shot a turkey and a doe opening wknd.

Comment

I have never hunted public land and was thinking about trying it out. I was looking at going to San Angelo Unit #1166 is that the same place y'all are talking about. If so I was looking on the TPWD web sight and I thought that archery season did not start here till Oct. 15. did I miss something. Got my info from here = http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild...0_0112a_47.pdf
                              I am just wondering because I am off next Friday and Saturday and may go out there if we can already hunt it.

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                              shot a turkey and a doe opening wknd.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter08 View Post
                                I have never hunted public land and was thinking about trying it out. I was looking at going to San Angelo Unit #1166 is that the same place y'all are talking about. If so I was looking on the TPWD web sight and I thought that archery season did not start here till Oct. 15. did I miss something. Got my info from here = http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild...0_0112a_47.pdf
                                I am just wondering because I am off next Friday and Saturday and may go out there if we can already hunt it.
                                Bowhunter that is the state park dates u are looking at the other public land is twin buttes city owned property the state park takes a 48.00 permit and yes does not open till 15th

Comment

Working...
                                X