No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep i'll wait. glad you put that out there cause i would have bought one before then.

Comment

Went out and scouted a little bit today. Dry, dry, dry.

Comment

Went out to unit 1 for the first time this weekend and saw 7 deer out there, unfortunately 6 were dead, this was all within a mile of the pecan trees, looked at one and it had gunshot wounds. I dont go out to tbr much but seems like a bad deal with deer season coming up, figured yall might wana keep your eyes peeled if anyone frequents that unit

Comment

that's a shame!

Comment

Counted 5 dead just along road by airport. They are moving all times of day trying to get to water too. Seen most deer for weeks now in middle of the day between 11am and 2pm.

Comment

It was so hot out there i about fell over myself, saw decent amount of sign along game trails going through some almost impassable brush, theyre bedded in that nasty stuff right up on the waters edge in #1 at least, staying real close to water

Comment

Originally posted by mojomuscle05 View Post
                It was so hot out there i about fell over myself, saw decent amount of sign along game trails going through some almost impassable brush, theyre bedded in that nasty stuff right up on the waters edge in #1 at least, staying real close to water
                That spot you are talking about already has at least 3 guys that I know of hunting there. Just fyi.

Comment

I went out to unit II yesterday to take a look, sad deal seeing the flats all dried up along with the EQ.

They have almost all of the posts set for the pipe fence all the way to the gravel ramp. I notice where you turn left before the cattle guard to head that way they left a space for possibly a gate to go back towards the river, anybody know if this is still going to be accessible by vehicle? We go way back in there by truck to get to the river and hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                    That spot you are talking about already has at least 3 guys that I know of hunting there. Just fyi.
                    What are your 3 friends hunting at that spot Rob?

Comment

Myself, Kevin, and my buddy Michael.

Comment

Oops almst forgot there is also A box blind there that someone is shotgun hunting out of that I don't know who is using. Just noticed it last week . When Kevin and I were putting out some corn.

Comment

anybody wanna go predator hunting with me tonight in Unit 1? I have a new proto type call from a sponsor. We used it last night and bagged a nice Fox. Leaving about 8pm.

Comment

Man!! I wish I was down there and would go in a heartbeat! Good luck and have fun!!

Comment

I would go Rob but we've been hammering deer down in Wall for a farmer on a crop depredation permit, goin back out right now to hit em again!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                                I would go Rob but we've been hammering deer down in Wall for a farmer on a crop depredation permit, goin back out right now to hit em again!
                                Ah man that sounds like a bunch of fun

Comment

Working...
                                X