No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bowman, is the 4 wheeler permit that i need the same one sold by the state to operate at some of the OHV parks? the state one is an 8 dollar permit i believe. i just want to make sure that i get both permits if need be.

also, how much is the permit going to cost once they get the program up and running?

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut View Post
      bowman, is the 4 wheeler permit that i need the same one sold by the state to operate at some of the OHV parks? the state one is an 8 dollar permit i believe. i just want to make sure that i get both permits if need be.

also, how much is the permit going to cost once they get the program up and running?
      The one I bought at the local power sports shop has a logo in green of Texas with white background. Not sure if its same as your cause I paid like $12 I believe. Im at work right now but can check later for ya to be sure.

The cities permit for TBR is $25 and gets ya the window sticker for vehicle and a KEY to the gates.

Comment

ok, i just looked on the TWPD website and they sell the decal at a motorsports place in san angelo. i'm betting it's the same one but they charge you some sort of processing fee on top of the decal. i'll call the place in san angelo and find out if it is the same one.

Comment

When do the permits and keys go on sale Rob?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
            When do the permits and keys go on sale Rob?
            They have not announced anything yet because of the delay in just getting the gate project restarted due to burn ban and unable to do outdoors welding. The ordinances just went thru legal and are going to be finalized and voted into city laws this month if not already. Not many changes unfortunately except I noticed the big ones were hunting from vehicles or on ANY roadways and NO hunting within 300 ft. of any FENCELINE. I didnt see anything about hunters orange that was discussed or possession or intoxication of alcohol (or controlled substance) while ACTIVELY hunting.

As to the being under the influence/possession of intoxicants as it was explained to me by law enforcement was that there is already a STATE law the covers this issue and they plan to ENFORCE it.

I can email (forward) a copy of the TBR hunting ordinances PDF to those who are interested.

Comment

i'll take a copy if you don't mind. my email is i8bambi2@gmail.com

Comment

mike.gunter@rocketmail.com please sir

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                  sent to both of ya.

Comment

U the man!

Comment

U the man!
                      LOL naw just trying to help folks, make sure ya have a good time when ya come here

Comment

Just want to thank yall for the great info on this thread, its good to see people coming together to make public hunting a better and safer experience

Comment

Originally posted by mojomuscle05 View Post
                          Just want to thank yall for the great info on this thread, its good to see people coming together to make public hunting a better and safer experience
                          that's a fact. you don't see it happen much now days

Bowman, says you hunt in NM some. i turkey hunted down south in the lincoln national forest outside of cloudcroft a few years back. all the mule deer and elk made it hard to hunt turkeys. beautiful place down there though!

Comment

that's a fact. you don't see it happen much now days

Bowman, says you hunt in NM some. i turkey hunted down south in the lincoln national forest outside of cloudcroft a few years back. all the mule deer and elk made it hard to hunt turkeys. beautiful place down there though!
                            Hey we re def going to need to meet up. I wanna go Bear hunt that exact area. Been researching it for a couple years. Im predator hunting the Deming area this year to film a varmint team challange. Doing this years bear hunt in Arkansas in Ouachita National Forest towards end of Sept. Wanna go?

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                              Hey we re def going to need to meet up. I wanna go Bear hunt that exact area. Been researching it for a couple years. Im predator hunting the Deming area this year to film a varmint team challange. Doing this years bear hunt in Arkansas in Ouachita National Forest towards end of Sept. Wanna go?
                              i wish i could! my office's manning just got hit hard. i'm the only military guy in there right now. i have managed to get some time off around thanksgiving but i'm heading back to mississippi to visit my parents.

i sure appreciate the invite but i don't think it's in the cards this year. i'm kind of disappointed cause i was supposed to go up to north missouri this year and hunt with buddy of mine but i can't get the time off. he hunts on the border of Iowa about 25 miles from Lee and Tiffany's place. i'm going to try for that one next year again.

NM is awesome, your going to love it!

Comment

i wish i could! my office's manning just got hit hard. i'm the only military guy in there right now. i have managed to get some time off around thanksgiving but i'm heading back to mississippi to visit my parents.

i sure appreciate the invite but i don't think it's in the cards this year. i'm kind of disappointed cause i was supposed to go up to north missouri this year and hunt with buddy of mine but i can't get the time off. he hunts on the border of Iowa about 25 miles from Lee and Tiffany's place. i'm going to try for that one next year again.

NM is awesome, your going to love it!
                                Hey lugnut I just noticed that my ATV permit expires August 31. So unless you plan or riding a bunch soon is wait so ya don't waste your money.

Comment

Working...
                                X