No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We doubled on Turkey the other day. They are starting to come in pretty hard to corn right now. Other than that Purring calls and wing flapping seem to work nice in late afternoons. I havent had much luck with decoys but my buddy shot his Jake using decoy set up. Had a Tom and 2 hens out.

Comment

Nice...I got a fox couple weeks ago but ran over a hill and couldn't track him. He was a small fry, but not too bad. Stupid old 22

Comment

Originally posted by huntintheworld View Post
        Nice...I got a fox couple weeks ago but ran over a hill and couldn't track him. He was a small fry, but not too bad. Stupid old 22
        My tick count this "off" season so far is 1 Bobcat (seen in avitar) , 1 Grey Fox (think its in my photo gallery), and 3 Turkey I'm hunting this weekend too, camping out in Unit 1 at my usual digs.

Comment

New to TBH and wanted to check in here because this thread is the reason I found the site. I am originally from Texas but am in OH right now. I will be moving to San Angelo in three weeks and am hoping to hunt this year out at The Buttes. I appreciate all the great info put here for all to use. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockjock View Post
            New to TBH and wanted to check in here because this thread is the reason I found the site. I am originally from Texas but am in OH right now. I will be moving to San Angelo in three weeks and am hoping to hunt this year out at The Buttes. I appreciate all the great info put here for all to use. Thanks.
            No problem......we'll have to get together some time and I'll show ya around.

Comment

Any news on the fence situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                Any news on the fence situation?
                They have been working on the roads and clearing the parking areas mostly so far that I have seen as of a few days ago when I was out in unit 1. From what I understand everything should be ready by beginning of deer season but thats coming pretty soon so we'll see.

Comment

Will they just be fencing the outside perimeter, or are they going to fence off certain areas within the place to keep people that have keys from driving there also?

I was over in unit II today (peepin at what the farmer decided to plant next door - corn!) and saw that they have cattle out there again, and have cleared out alot around the gravel boat ramp out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                    Will they just be fencing the outside perimeter, or are they going to fence off certain areas within the place to keep people that have keys from driving there also?

I was over in unit II today (peepin at what the farmer decided to plant next door - corn!) and saw that they have cattle out there again, and have cleared out alot around the gravel boat ramp out there.
                    Just outside perimeter areas around the entrances. Those cleared areas are for parking. As of right now because of the burn ban (which includes welding outdoors) and red flag warnings, the welding of the pipe fence has ceased for last couple months which leaves the projects timeframe for completion unclear as to whether it will bedone before hunting season arrives.

Comment

The reason things are so bad out there is jack legs like you guys get on a public forum and broadcast the information of free hunting to every idiot with a gun. The less people know about an area the less people will be there. Bitching to the city counsel and to the cops has done nothing but get the government involved and created a bigger problem. I will definatly pay $25 to dump my trash and shoot at some bowhunter who thinks that he owns the land out there and I am sure others will too. In closing YOU are the cause of the problems out there. Have a great hunting season.

Comment

Poorboy-

Lighten up! It is a PUBLIC place out there. You might also be a little more selective about talking about shooting someone.

Comment

Never said I would shoot anyone. To add to that point there is only a limited amount of land out there in which to hunt on, the more people the more opportunity for something to happen like getting peppered by bird shot and having trees struck next to you by buckshot (all of which have happened to me). The point was that $25 is a very small fee for those who abuse to continue to abuse. When $25 doesnt work the price will increase and continue to increase until it is at the point where money will not fix it. The next step is to eliminate hunting all together. I have seen it happen with a large portion (1 mil+ acres) of national forest. Public land or not it is very easy to search and find this public hunting area which for now is completly free which is an asset that most of Texas is not accustomed to. I have met several individuals from other parts of Texas who enjoy our privilage and are not following the rules.

Originally posted by 2wheelz4me View Post
                          Poorboy-

Lighten up! It is a PUBLIC place out there. You might also be a little more selective about talking about shooting someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Poorboy View Post
                            The reason things are so bad out there is jack legs like you guys get on a public forum and broadcast the information of free hunting to every idiot with a gun. The less people know about an area the less people will be there. Bitching to the city counsel and to the cops has done nothing but get the government involved and created a bigger problem. I will definatly pay $25 to dump my trash and shoot at some bowhunter who thinks that he owns the land out there and I am sure others will too. In closing YOU are the cause of the problems out there. Have a great hunting season.
                            Dood? Did u get on this sight just to threaten to shoot people on a public hunting ground?! That's crazy bro

Comment

Whats the water situation like at the lake. Last time I went about 2 months ago, the water was so down, you could barely load and unload a boat. Anyone seen it first hand
                              lately?

Comment

Poorboy is absolutely right.

I'm sure the people I saw out there that decided to try and shoot skeet out of the sky with an ak47 learned of Twin Buttes by searching the net for info on public hunting land....

*rolls eyes*

Get a clue dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X