No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope our lease is down 277 and then a road cuts back towards the public. Would take you up on that offer but pretty busy today. Kids have a track meet. I have found some cat tracks on our lease that looks like the size of a big dog. It might be travelin back my way. Might have to take you up soon though. Still new at varmit huntin

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
      Shoot, just saw this Rob, and I probably could have gotten away this afternoon. Let me know next time you head out.
      Probably head out later today bud, try and catch a bird this evening before all the weekend campers run in there and spook'em with shotguns. They are already starting to get pushed kinda hard.

Comment

hey bowman I have been usin a jackrabbit and mouse squeeler for cats and fox. Does that sound about right to you or any others that you think would work out?

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
          You talking about the Kniesler place? If so we almost leased it and desided not too. We're going out towards the Knickerbocker/Christoval area to get away from TBR because of the recent issues. I still hunt there alot tho for turkey and bobcats right now.

I can show ya some bobcat areas if ya have time real soon today. I getting ready to leave in just a bit.

I shot the cat in my avatar there about 5 weeks ago and there is a monster sized male cat out there a couple of us have been hunting specifically for awhile now. 70# easy, Ive had him at 30yds but couldnt get clear shot twice now.

Are you sure 70lbs? Do you know how big that bobcat would have to be, to be actually 70 lbs? A bobcat over 40lbs is huge and rare....

Comment

The adult male bobcat is 28 to 40 inches (71 to 100 cm) long, averaging 35 inches (89 cm); with a stubby 4 to 7 inches (10 to 18 cm) tail,[12] which has a "bobbed" appearance and gives the species its name. An adult stands about 20 to 24 inches (51 to 61 cm) at the shoulders.[10] Adult males usually range from 20 to 30 pounds (9.1 to 14 kg); females average about 13 to 21 pounds (5.9 to 9.5 kg).[15] The largest bobcat accurately measured on record weighed 48.9 pounds (22.2 kg), although there are unverified reports of them reaching 59 pounds (27 kg).[16][16] The bobcat is muscular, and its hind legs are longer than its front legs, giving it a bobbing gait. At birth it weighs 0.6 to 0.75 pound (270 to 340 g) and is about 10 inches (25 cm) in length. By its first year it will reach about 10 pounds (4.5 kg).[14

Comment

Just sayin, I have seen cat prints on my property that were about
              |
              |
              |
              |
              |
              |
              |
              |
              |________________________
              Just guestimating size but this weekend I will take a pic with something to compare size

Comment

Not trying to be a jerk, just stating some facts. That would be the worlds biggest bobcat ever killed if thats the case. I was referring to the SA Bowman saying he saw one that was easily over 70 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                  Probably head out later today bud, try and catch a bird this evening before all the weekend campers run in there and spook'em with shotguns. They are already starting to get pushed kinda hard.
                  What time are you headed out?

Comment

Originally posted by codfish View Post
                    Not trying to be a jerk, just stating some facts. That would be the worlds biggest bobcat ever killed if thats the case. I was referring to the SA Bowman saying he saw one that was easily over 70 lbs
                    LOL! Dont really care what people may guess about size. WE have seen him others have NOT.

I was told that national record was 82#. Myself and several other reliable witnesses have seen this cat up close several times.

I first tracked him 6 weeks ago when i saw prints in the snow and then mud a week later. He IS all of 70# plus. I have had 4 encounters with him recently and ample time to evaluate. Had him face to face at 35-40 yds. where he stared me down while scouting and had no weapon with me and was first time in woods that I'd been actually "concerned".

Comment

No specific time...just whenever. Im doing some studying right now and need to run some errands so when ever your available if ya wanna go bud. You still have my number?

Comment

Hey Wes

Checkout the place we are gonna Turkey hunt here in the clip. This is last week while scouting. Start at the 4 minute mark.

Comment

WES:

I done bud.....shoot me a text if you're gonna come out. 212 3251

Comment

Dang it, just got out of a meeting...probably can't make it today. I'll text you.

Comment

Dang it, just got out of a meeting...probably can't make it today. I'll text you.
                              Birds came in real late but I was covered up pretty good with ALOT of birds.

Comment

Got me a Gray Fox last week while Turkey huntin.

Comment

Working...
                                X