THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXHORNZ View Post
    Sorry about not getting back to you sooner. Up until the freezing weather I've been pretty busy.
    I appreciate the offer. Once it gets warmer the wife and I will be headed out the the pistol range. She got her a new pistol and wants to take the carry license.
    Also, have been kinda anxious about the decision the city makes about the TBR. I don't have a problem with them putting gates in. But I do have a problem if they do not allow vehicle access through the gates. I do like the idea of registering for an access key to the gates. Fishing the river in the spring and summer; I don't want to have to haul all my tackle, cooler, etc. and have my kids walk all the way in to a place we used to drive to. Not all my kids are able to ride a bike. This is just creating a difficult task to access public land that my family used to enjoy.
    Sorry, I got started again. Stay warm. Hope ya get that 1st Bobcat.
    There isnt going to be any issues going to places ya want to go in almost all cases except behind boys ranch area. All other areas have virtually no changes except you will have to pass thru a gate to get to it. Your kinda missing the best part about all this tho.........you arent going to have to deal with most of the issues with idiots ruining your time with your family out there or worry nearly as much about safety. The glass is mostly full my friend

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
      several reports coming from trustworthy folks stating that a VERY large Bobcat the size of a Black Lab or so has been spotted at TBR both sides of river around areas 1 &2. I went out after it stopped snowing yesterday and found really big cat tracks in snow midday.

Anyone wanting to team up for cats and varmints can drop me a PM. Been wanting to get a cat for long time.

Was out there this morning with the foxpro and the mojo critter and called a pretty good sized one up back behind the police academy. There was just something not exactly right for him to get into shotgun range though, gonna give it another go this evening probably!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
        Was out there this morning with the foxpro and the mojo critter and called a pretty good sized one up back behind the police academy. There was just something not exactly right for him to get into shotgun range though, gonna give it another go this evening probably!
        Ramball

Im going same area this afternoon and tomorrow. If ya wanna meet up gimmee a shout 212 3251. I had that huge cat come in the other night.

Comment

Turkey season comin fast.....anyone heading out?

Comment

Turkey season comin fast.....anyone heading out?
            Yes went out today to look around saw a couple birds but wondering if any changes have been put in place at twin buttes for this turkey season and if so what
            Last edited by rbertman; 03-21-2011, 09:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Any updates on which roads the public will be restricted to? Was out there yesterday and noticed the grading on the north and south pool sides of the EQ.

Comment

None of the new ordinances or gate key program have been enacted as of yet. Obviously some work in areas has begun but that is it. I asked about the hunters orange and that wont be until NEXT GENERAL season opener in November.

I'll be camping out in Unit 1 all wknd. Good luck guys!

Comment

I was curious about hunting turkey in San Angelo....I'm down here at the base for another month or so longer and was hoping to get on some rios....I was able to get permission to turkey hunt some private land backing up to state land (not sure if it is public hunting or not though.) The lady says she always sees a ton of birds, but this year hasnt been seeing any at all....is it normal for the birds to just disappear? There are a few large trees on the property and no shortage of water, but I havent been able to find any turkey tracks....I am from Ohio and have only hunted easterns in the hills, no clue about rios and this type of land.....do you know of any public land that you would be willing to mention? what do you think about the turkeys disappearing from this ladies property?

Thanks,
                  Matt
                  if someone could email me with some help or text/call that would be great
                  matthiatt@hotmail.com
                  Last edited by OH_Hunter; 03-31-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Matt

I just just got back in town from camping out at TBR. We saw tons of birds. I'll text you later today when I get a chance. I'll take ya out to my spot bud.

Comment

anybody up for some turkey hunting this afternoon?

Comment

Do any of your guys hunt the public land over past the airport where the levee stops? Just wondering....saw it the other day and it seems like its a good stretch.

Comment

yes that is where my crew hunts primarily and is where im heading today

Comment

yes that is where my crew hunts primarily and is where im heading today
                            Well I just leased a property about 1/4 mile as the crow flies and have seen some huge cat prints but also were wondering if I would be able to call one in from that far away. I get worried about public land cause I have already heard alot of horror stories about acouple of those areas

Comment

Originally posted by huntintheworld View Post
                              Well I just leased a property about 1/4 mile as the crow flies and have seen some huge cat prints but also were wondering if I would be able to call one in from that far away. I get worried about public land cause I have already heard alot of horror stories about acouple of those areas
                              You talking about the Kniesler place? If so we almost leased it and desided not too. We're going out towards the Knickerbocker/Christoval area to get away from TBR because of the recent issues. I still hunt there alot tho for turkey and bobcats right now.

I can show ya some bobcat areas if ya have time real soon today. I getting ready to leave in just a bit.

I shot the cat in my avatar there about 5 weeks ago and there is a monster sized male cat out there a couple of us have been hunting specifically for awhile now. 70# easy, Ive had him at 30yds but couldnt get clear shot twice now.

Comment

Shoot, just saw this Rob, and I probably could have gotten away this afternoon. Let me know next time you head out.

Comment

Working...
                                X