THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aarongray View Post
    I had a little 8 come in and then spook real quick. I saw a buck 200 yards away that I rattled at to see the reaction (not to bring him in) and he spooked too.

Ya I felt like I was scaring deer off too. Felt the same with using estrus and doe pee. I stopped putting them out.

How was your buck doe ratio? I only saw the same group of 4 does all season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scottyH13 View Post
      Ya I felt like I was scaring deer off too. Felt the same with using estrus and doe pee. I stopped putting them out.

How was your buck doe ratio? I only saw the same group of 4 does all season

I put doe pee out and got a buck early in the season but once Nov hit I had nothing coming in during daylight hours. In the ten days I was there in Nov I would get the same 5 or 6 does come in early in the night between 7-10. After midnight I would have the same 5 or 6 bucks come in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dukota01 View Post
        I put doe pee out and got a buck early in the season but once Nov hit I had nothing coming in during daylight hours. In the ten days I was there in Nov I would get the same 5 or 6 does come in early in the night between 7-10. After midnight I would have the same 5 or 6 bucks come in.

I had a terrible November lull too...

Comment

According to the information I read on the Buttes website, the general season closed yesterday. And I saw no mention of the archery only season resuming after the general season closed. So to the guys that were out hunting today, do y’all know something I don’t? Legitimate question.

Comment

Nevermind. Maybe I misread the post. Sorry fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jgriffith View Post
              Nevermind. Maybe I misread the post. Sorry fellas.

I was out there today packing up my gear untill next year

Comment

Does this summarize anyone else’s season or am I just the chosen one?

Maybe a dumb question, were you by water?

Comment

Originally posted by aarongray View Post
                  Maybe a dumb question, were you by water?

I was a pretty good ways off water. I was really surprised to see that many. It started out with 1 or 2 and the word spread quickly. I’d hear them coming in at dusk. I was their Furr’s Buffet

Comment

I was a pretty good ways off water. I was really surprised to see that many. It started out with 1 or 2 and the word spread quickly. I’d hear them coming in at dusk. I was their Furr’s Buffet

Dang.. I was thinking about setting up near water, and I had serious second thoughts after seeing your picture thinking you were by water.

Comment

I was in area 9 and have a similar pic. I think they almost ran the deer off with their numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by howhandi View Post
                        I was in area 9 and have a similar pic. I think they almost ran the deer off with their numbers.

I would get regular pics with 3-4 deer feeding and half dozen trash bandits in with them like it was the Peter Piper Pizza linch buffet.

Comment

Does this summarize anyone else’s season or am I just the chosen one?

You weren’t the only one, I had the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by GWMitchell View Post
                            You weren’t the only one, I had the same issue.

Alright so we should start trapping and relocating them to one section then. What section has the most annoying hunters lol

Comment

Between coons eating all the corn at night and the dove during the day I am not sure how much corn the deer actually got to. I could put out a Walmart sack full of corn and the dove would come in probably 50-100 birds and clean it up in 15-20 min.

Comment

I never saw a single dove. I did have a herd of 30+ turkey come in sometimes twice daily and if I wasn’t they to shoot one they would just stay there and go to town.

Comment

Working...
                                X