X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had bucks chasing does several times this week in my front yard. Went to Cristoval the other night and saw a couple of nice bucks in between there and Knickerbocker. They are moving.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTownHunter View Post
        I've had bucks chasing does several times this week in my front yard. Went to Cristoval the other night and saw a couple of nice bucks in between there and Knickerbocker. They are moving.

Good to hear!

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
          Stay out of 5.... we are full to capacity... maybe next year

Oh hush JD. You don’t hunt on twin buttes anymore you play around on private land and ranches and you just post on here to antagonize people. LOL

Comment

t minus 7 days til I'm out that way. Anybody seeing any turkeys?

Comment

Got this weird guy Thursday night. Lots of movement and doe chasing going on now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LukeS View Post
                Got this weird guy Thursday night. Lots of movement and doe chasing going on now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good buck to get out of the gene pool. Meat in freezer!![emoji106]

Comment

I'll be out there this coming weekend. Camping old school and I'm a primary bow hunter my buddy will be shotgunning it. Are the bow only areas heavy? I'm a spot and stalk kind of guy. Military grew up in the PNW

Comment

Originally posted by Bigkuntryrick View Post
                    I'll be out there this coming weekend. Camping old school and I'm a primary bow hunter my buddy will be shotgunning it. Are the bow only areas heavy? I'm a spot and stalk kind of guy. Military grew up in the PNW
                    The bow areas can be congested from time to time. As far as the spot and stalk goes, I would suggest probably waiting until around mid day if that’s going to be the tactic you’re using. There’s quite a few hunters during the weekend, and I’d be wary about walking thru the woods before daylight. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
                      t minus 7 days til I'm out that way. Anybody seeing any turkeys?
                      Yup. Had a bunch walk thru last Sunday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigkuntryrick View Post
                        Agreeing with Jgriffith on what he said. The area and units are pretty thick cover spot and stalk would be pretty difficult. More like a spot and oh crap let one fly. Lol. Units are not just real big and are all pretty congested with quite a few hunters on them. Walking around still hunting or spot and stalk you will end up walking though ambush set ups other people have set up.

Comment

Does anyone ever see any exotics? I’ve seen two post about elk is that what the “exotics” are or is there any axis? It’s a 6.5 hour drive to T.B. From my house the idea of seeing something other then whitetail is pretty cool.But with it being such a far drive is it worth it

Comment

I personally have never seen any exotic at TBR nor has anyone I’ve talked to that hunts there. Not saying they don’t exist but certainly not prevalent. Did see an axis once about 5-6 years ago at San Angelo SP.

Comment

I would drive 3-4 hours for TB if I was camping out and already had a setup.

Comment

Just got a public hunting for the first time. I don’t really know how public land hunting works. Don’t wanna walk up on anyone or **** anyone off. Anyone have any tips or anything to help

Comment

Working...
                                X