No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp....this year has been something had some dips*** steal my blind and camera. Both were locked. Cut fabric around blind and tree for camera... left me the blind floor and my gear tags. Guessing he couldn’t figure out how to fold up blind with floor on it. I hope whoever took it all gets an arrow to the chest..I was in area 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bzak View Post
      Welp....this year has been something had some dips*** steal my blind and camera. Both were locked. Cut fabric around blind and tree for camera... left me the blind floor and my gear tags. Guessing he couldn’t figure out how to fold up blind with floor on it. I hope whoever took it all gets an arrow to the chest..I was in area 9

Same, had a camera stolen from my stand this past weekend.

Comment

Yep definitely happened over weekend

Comment

Camera stolen this weekend too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Now I wanna get out and check my stuff. Sound like we need to quit huntin deer and start huntin thieves

Comment

Originally posted by Lculak View Post
              Same, had a camera stolen from my stand this past weekend.

Had a blind and chair stolen from area 4 two weeks ago, also on the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there anything all of us can do to curb this theft? Parks and wildlife anything? Would be curious to know if they are doing it during the day or at night. Takes a lot of balls to Jack someone's stuff

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lculak View Post

Do you have any pics of the big 8 looking at the camera? The 3rd picture you posted. I have a new deer on camera that looks similar to him, but I don’t have any of him at that angle to compare them. Never saw the deer until I checked cams yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by @PGA_BB View Post
                    Is there anything all of us can do to curb this theft? Parks and wildlife anything? Would be curious to know if they are doing it during the day or at night. Takes a lot of balls to Jack someone's stuff

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Ours was during the day and my son had been away from his blind less than two hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey guys! Me and a couple buddies are headed out there this saturday and are planning on hunting area 4. It'll be the 1st time we have hunted public land. What is the hunting pressure like out there on a Saturday? Any pointers or does or dont's? Any help would be really appreciated there is not a whole lot of information online. Thanks guys!

Comment

Happy over eating day!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunkl333 View Post
                          Hey guys! Me and a couple buddies are headed out there this saturday and are planning on hunting area 4. It'll be the 1st time we have hunted public land. What is the hunting pressure like out there on a Saturday? Any pointers or does or dont's? Any help would be really appreciated there is not a whole lot of information online. Thanks guys!

When I drove in the gate on 2166 which is between 4 and 6 there were 3 trucks and a couple tents set up. I hunt in 6. I just heard 2 gunshots back toward 4 now. Could be duck hunters though. It has been pretty busy lately and just know the lake being up has taken probably 1/2 of what you see on a map. These maps have a black dotted line showing conservation pool. https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt...mpartments.pdf
                          Even though TB is only half full those lines are pretty close to were the water edge is currently. At least in area 6.

For pointers I would strongly urge you not to try spot and stalk or still hunting as you will almost certainly end up ruining someone else’s hunt by walking up on someone hunting a blind. Especially in morning or evening. I have had it happen twice recently. It’s just too crowded for that style of hunting in my opinion. Mid day probably all right if you want to try some.

It is rut now so any patterns don’t necessarily matter. In fact I haven’t seen a thing yet this morning. Find a trail that goes from private to water and set up near it. You might try rattling or grunts. For blind if you do a popup you will need to brush it in good. These deer are wary and get real nervous anywhere near a popup unless it’s been here a bit. Use the salt cedar branches to brush in. About the only thing with any leaves left on it and it’s an invasive plant that needs cutting down anyway. Usually can find places to make a brush blind. Not many trees for a hang on and definitely not a climber. A short tripod could work well. Don’t know if you’re using bow or shotgun but I’m speaking from bow perspective as that’s how I’m hunting. Hope that helps some. Pm if need anything.

Wear your orange!!! Lot of shotguns out here.

Comment

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Just had someone shoot with gun and sounded like it was right behind me. FIL says the the guy was set up right between us.
                            Last edited by Mjjust; 11-23-2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
                              When I drove in the gate on 2166 which is between 4 and 6 there were 3 trucks and a couple tents set up. I hunt in 6. I just heard 2 gunshots back toward 4 now. Could be duck hunters though. It has been pretty busy lately and just know the lake being up has taken probably 1/2 of what you see on a map. These maps have a black dotted line showing conservation pool. https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt...mpartments.pdf
                              Even though TB is only half full those lines are pretty close to were the water edge is currently. At least in area 6.

For pointers I would strongly urge you not to try spot and stalk or still hunting as you will almost certainly end up ruining someone else’s hunt by walking up on someone hunting a blind. Especially in morning or evening. I have had it happen twice recently. It’s just too crowded for that style of hunting in my opinion. Mid day probably all right if you want to try some.

It is rut now so any patterns don’t necessarily matter. In fact I haven’t seen a thing yet this morning. Find a trail that goes from private to water and set up near it. You might try rattling or grunts. For blind if you do a popup you will need to brush it in good. These deer are wary and get real nervous anywhere near a popup unless it’s been here a bit. Use the salt cedar branches to brush in. About the only thing with any leaves left on it and it’s an invasive plant that needs cutting down anyway. Usually can find places to make a brush blind. Not many trees for a hang on and definitely not a climber. A short tripod could work well. Don’t know if you’re using bow or shotgun but I’m speaking from bow perspective as that’s how I’m hunting. Hope that helps some. Pm if need anything.

Wear your orange!!! Lot of shotguns out here.

Good advise!! Weekends is usually pretty crowded and we have had guys end up right on top of us as well. Dakota1 had a guy set up in a trail right to his corn about 60 yrds and killed a nice 8 pt. I wasn’t to happy about it but he claimed he had seen him get to his spot and moved further back to 100 yrds but I didn’t buy it. Plus, his sons blind and chair got stolen while out for lunch. So, try and find a game trail and set up about 25-30 yrds from it and sit and wait. Drop a bit of corn. Find broken limbs and brush and make a brush blind. That’s all you need. Mjjust is right about pop ups. Deer are very hesitant about pop up blinds. They will not come in to corn if they see it. If you find someone’s blinds or game cameras PLEASE don’t TAKE it!!!

Comment

Planning on a Arizona OTC archery mule deer hunt first week of January. My son and I are going to chase some rutting mulies!! Anyone interested? Dakota1 is still undecided but after this post I’m sure he’ll change his mind. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X