No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh got a late start. Got stuck in the mud. Had to call my sister to get me. Just got settled in. There were 2 small bucks out here when I walked in

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
      I’m digging this idea.... HOWEVER, this is the same night as the Eldorado game dinner though... unless you plan on raffling off some guns or some hunts... hahaha... I know where I’ll be! Y’all come down to Eldorado and buy some raffle tickets and eat some bad@$$ BBQ and drink some cold beers down here. BYOB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like fun JD!! Love that BBQ!!

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
        Ugh got a late start. Got stuck in the mud. Had to call my sister to get me. Just got settled in. There were 2 small bucks out here when I walked in

Did the rescue operation go ok? Hate getting stuck!!

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post

I know the feeling. Our 4WD wasn't working in our Jeep last year and there was more than once that Birdogem301 had to pull us out with his quad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by birddogem301 View Post
            Did the rescue operation go ok? Hate getting stuck!!

Yessir

Comment

Well, I figure it’s about time to post in the forum. I’ve been following it for a while, just never really posted. I had a good morning this morning in the stand. Really wishing I had a couple more days off as I feel like some of the boys are about to stop being so dang nocturnal. Anyone else out this morning and have some good activity? 10/29/18.

Comment

I wish I was out there. I only get to hunt Saturday evening and Sunday. Had 3 bucks come in last night. 2 were too small and was waiting for them to leave so I could leave and while waiting on them a nice 8 point came in but it was already 20 minutes past shooting light. I tried waiting him out too so I wouldn’t spook him but the dang skeeters were absolutely terrible last night and I couldn’t take it anymore so ended up running him out of there

Comment

First post here. I moved out to Dove Creek a few months ago so I'm right down the road from the butte. I have been seeing some of you guys parking and walking in going home the last few weeks. I have never hunted public land because I have always had a private place to go, I was planning on going out there this year but some of the horror stories have kept me away. I have been seeing a bunch of deer in front of the airport every evening, they are coming from across the road out of area 9 I think.I also saw a big 10 that would go probably 140 right next to the last Stripes going west the other day. Good luck to you guys out there!
                  Last edited by SmallTownHunter; 10-30-2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTownHunter View Post
                    First post here. I moved out to Dove Creek a few months ago so I'm right down the road from the butte. I have been seeing some of you guys parking and walking in going home the last few weeks. I have never hunted public land because I have always had a private place to go, I was planning on going out there this year but some of the horror stories have kept me away. I have been seeing a bunch of deer in front of the airport every evening, they are coming from across the road out of area 9 I think.I also saw a big 10 that would go probably 140 right next to the last Stripes going west the other day. Good luck to you guys out there!

We saw a ten last year we named Eli Manning. Took a shot at him last year but missed so I'm hoping he'll still be around this year because I've never liked Eli and sure would like to take him out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ckrue06 View Post
                      Well, I figure it’s about time to post in the forum. I’ve been following it for a while, just never really posted. I had a good morning this morning in the stand. Really wishing I had a couple more days off as I feel like some of the boys are about to stop being so dang nocturnal. Anyone else out this morning and have some good activity? 10/29/18.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTownHunter View Post

Welcome to the forum.
                        It’s not that bad hunting public land here. But it is public land and will still have the occasional hunter walk in on you or set up to close.
                        I haven’t really scouted some of the bigger areas so don’t know how crowded they get. But all in all it’s a great place to hunt.

Comment

So what’s the weather saying for Angelo tomorrow? Trying to get a report online, but they’re all contradicting themselves.

Comment

.80” total.... starting at 3am-evening... be fine by the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                              .80” total.... starting at 3am-evening... be fine by the weekend.

10/4. Thank you. Was gonna try to hunt in the morning before the rain, but don’t guess that’s gonna happen.

Comment

[emoji1742]*[emoji3603].... not my time... but I bet you’ll have good luck in the morning... only 7 hours in to the moon being up... they will probably be on their feet for a little longer after sun up.

Comment

Working...
                                X