No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else braving the heat and 10 pound mosquitoes in hopes of bagging an early season bruiser, or am I the only one? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jgriffith View Post
      Anyone else braving the heat and 10 pound mosquitoes in hopes of bagging an early season bruiser, or am I the only one? Lol
      My son and I will be in area 5 Saturday through Monday around noon. Shot a spike buck there late last December. Scrawny little toot, glad I got him before he made more scrawny toot babies.

Comment

I'll be there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Coot View Post
          My son and I will be in area 5 Saturday through Monday around noon. Shot a spike buck there late last December. Scrawny little toot, glad I got him before he made more scrawny toot babies.
          Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Dukota01 View Post
            I'll be there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!
              Thanks. Kiddo was with me when I got the little guy last year. It was the first time I'd hunted in probably 20 years. Hoping to find his big brother. Or a fat chick; I shoot for the freezer, not the wall. On the other hand, I'd like to see the boy get a buck. It's the first time he'll have been bowhunting for deer, couldn't pull enough bow last fall. He gets to arrow one and he'll be hooked for life.

Comment

I got introduced to twin buttes thru a mutual friend and he has a friend an old friend of his that has been hunting the twin butte area for many many years. When I got to twin buttes I met this old gentleman He gave me a serious run down on the rules of twin buttes. Now, he was very stern and forceful that I abide by these rules. One of which was that we all have a right to hunt public land. Second, we need to respect the other hunters. Something that I have tried to abide by anytime I go hunt. Unfortunately, the first time I went by myself to hunt and not knowing the area well I was THAT GUY!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was THAT GUY because I picked a spot in the dark the night before thinking that I would be the only Yahoo hunting this really nice spot.

Comment

Well I ****** off this Hunter the next morning because I had put corn and my blind about 40 yrds from his set up!!!! I felt like a complete moron about it. That guys literally stormed off cursing loudly. Bi didn’t get a chance to apologize to him personally but wish I would have.

Comment

Long story short it does happen. So i will apologize to all if you were the Hunter I crowded out of your hunting spot 4 yrs ago!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by birddogem301 View Post
                        I got introduced to twin buttes thru a mutual friend and he has a friend an old friend of his that has been hunting the twin butte area for many many years. When I got to twin buttes I met this old gentleman He gave me a serious run down on the rules of twin buttes. Now, he was very stern and forceful that I abide by these rules. One of which was that we all have a right to hunt public land. Second, we need to respect the other hunters. Something that I have tried to abide by anytime I go hunt. Unfortunately, the first time I went by myself to hunt and not knowing the area well I was THAT GUY!!!!!

I think we’ve all been guilty of not knowing where we’re at in the dark, especially on new property. I don’t even know you, but i can tell from your post that it wasn’t intentional. There’s a difference in an honest mistake, and deliberately setting up 3 trees over in broad daylight.

Comment

I think we’ve all been guilty of not knowing where we’re at in the dark, especially on new property. I don’t even know you, but i can tell from your post that it wasn’t intentional. There’s a difference in an honest mistake, and deliberately setting up 3 trees over in broad daylight.

Yes I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by birddogem301 View Post
                            Yes I agree.

Are you hunting the butte this year?

Comment

Yes, Dakota1 and I are headed up there tomorrow to set game cameras in our hunting spots and to put corn down. We will hunt the evening and Sunday morning. Then we will head back every other weekend to check game cameras and put down corn.

Comment

Plan to hun Nov 9-18

Comment

Working...
                                X