Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
    Yeah no joke... this rain turned everything green... makes for hard hunting... ruts still several weeks away.... need to hunt travel corridors and crossings...

anyone hunt area 9, that wants to admit it? How packed is that fence line this year?? Last year I think there were like 7-10 guys lined up down that fence line... still just as crowded?
    Asking for a friend.

Anyone hunting the island in area 1, that whats to admit it? How hard is it to cross this year after the rains? Anyone hunting area 1 in general? Any massive new watering holes still hanging around from the recent rains? Ive seen some monsters back in there, anyone got any trail camera pictures they wouldn’t mind sharing with the congregation?

Anyone hunting area 5, that wants to admit it? Is that back pond on the north fence-line holding water? Any javelinas on camera yet?

Anyone hunting in area 3 in general, that wants to admit it? How are those fence lines looking to the south, I’ve seen them stacked just as bad as area 9 in previous years? Anyone hunting back in the big trees of area 3? Any cool pictures they wouldn’t mind sharing with the congregation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are going to put up some cameras in 3 this weekend, we'll see if we can get some pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah no joke... this rain turned everything green... makes for hard hunting... ruts still several weeks away.... need to hunt travel corridors and crossings...

anyone hunt area 9, that wants to admit it? How packed is that fence line this year?? Last year I think there were like 7-10 guys lined up down that fence line... still just as crowded?
      Asking for a friend.

Anyone hunting the island in area 1, that whats to admit it? How hard is it to cross this year after the rains? Anyone hunting area 1 in general? Any massive new watering holes still hanging around from the recent rains? Ive seen some monsters back in there, anyone got any trail camera pictures they wouldn’t mind sharing with the congregation?

Anyone hunting area 5, that wants to admit it? Is that back pond on the north fence-line holding water? Any javelinas on camera yet?

Anyone hunting in area 3 in general, that wants to admit it? How are those fence lines looking to the south, I’ve seen them stacked just as bad as area 9 in previous years? Anyone hunting back in the big trees of area 3? Any cool pictures they wouldn’t mind sharing with the congregation?

I made my first trip out there last year and hunted 9, but nowhere near the fence. I had a good time and saw quite a few deer. I'm going back for a few days at the end of this month and hope to hunt the same spots if nobody is in them lol. I'll be camping at the State Park.

Comment

Awww... there is some life left in this old forum after all!! Was beginning to wonder where everyone went... cool cool y’all; you might find closer camping in the spring creek marina... “Maybe”... don’t quote me on that but might check into it.... area 3 has got a lot of country and a lot of unhunted neighboring property. Should be a monster in there somewhere.

Comment

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Awww... there is some life left in this old forum after all!! Was beginning to wonder where everyone went... cool cool y’all; you might find closer camping in the spring creek marina... “Maybe”... don’t quote me on that but might check into it.... area 3 has got a lot of country and a lot of unhunted neighboring property. Should be a monster in there somewhere.

This is one from last year. We named that buck tom Brady. Hoping he's still there this year because we never got a shot at him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Dukota01; 10-02-2018, 12:14 PM. Reason: Wrong picture

Comment

Very nice!! Yeah y’all keep an eye on them pressures too... movement varies with pressure. You could lure him out during the rut with rattling the area late morning and early evening.

Comment

Very nice!! Yeah y’all keep an eye on them pressures too... movement varies with pressure. You could lure him out during the rut with rattling the area late morning and early evening.

We hope the rut is fast and furious in early November.

Comment

I stayed at the marina last year. They actually have some pretty nice little cabins for rent there. But, I thought I'd stay at the park this year because they have a little public hunting there too during the time I'll be there, so that'll give me another possibility to check out!!

Comment

Asking for a friend.

I have seen several vehicles at area nine I think I counted 7 Sunday Morning.
                  I’m staying away from there this year. Lol

Comment

Last year wife and I hunted area 9 at a random spot and had two giants come up from behind us. Caught our wind and bolted. Huge deer.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                      I stayed at the marina last year. They actually have some pretty nice little cabins for rent there. But, I thought I'd stay at the park this year because they have a little public hunting there too during the time I'll be there, so that'll give me another possibility to check out!!

. I have stayed at this trailer park. The owners charge me $150 for a week stay. It’s quiet and not a bad place to park an RV.

Comment

Its not a 5 star RV place but can’t beat the price. Old couple that own that place are pretty friendly.

Comment

Yeah 9 definitely has some giants in it, BUT with all the human traffic in there... they are be hard to get on until the rut when they get dumb, just or just being at the right place at the right time.

Comment

Getting ready to head to 5 this week with my daughter. Went last year opening weekend and scared the dickens out of someone while he was packing up to head in. Saw plenty last year just hard to get a 9 year old a shot from a blind, hopefully this year.

Comment

Only buck I’ve had on camera in area 1

Comment

Originally posted by GWMitchell View Post
                                Only buck I’ve had on camera in area 1

Still a great basket 10! Can’t wait to see him on the ground!

Comment

Working...
                                X