White Oak Creek WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Oak Creek WMA

Ok so I've gotten the public hunting itch. Anyone have any info about this place? It's actually closer to me than Cooper. Not looking for Giants. I'd be happy with a mature 120" deer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Isn't White Oak draw only?

Comment

No

Comment

i hunt near there on private land sometimes.

i also have a little interest in this place...

following

Comment

!

Comment

Comment

Nobody?

Comment

Comment

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

I am interested in hunting there as well. Know a guy who owns land near bordering it. He has some good deer. Seems like it should hold some good ones. I would be interesting in taking a look at it. PM me if you go on a scouting trip.

Comment

No deer there

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                          No deer there

Ha lies! I was told the numbers are lower per acre but what deer are there are bigger bodied and had larger antlers than other public places near by

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

I've hunted it before and it's like anywhere else in East Texas. Mature bucks will be 115"-130" with the chance of a giant showing up. The body size south of the river is average. I have not hunted north of the river. Lots of honey locust, briars, thickets, cotton mouths, etc. but it has some good deer if you put in the time. Lots of pigs too. It wasn't hunted much when I was there. There is/was a drawing to gun hunt it but I haven't looked at it in a long time. I wouldn't go in there looking for a 150" buck but a 120" is reasonable.

Comment

Locals still hunt it year around like it belongs to them. If you think you have found a good spot chances are there will be 3-5 ATV's blow by you before daylight. Not very well managed. if you lock it they will break in. If you don't they will steal it. I live close to it and never hunt it due to all of the above.

Comment

Working...
                              X