Official Davy Crockett 2015-2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
    While heading out to kennard I saw where the dogs live. I had half a mind to go and talk to the owner and recommend they keep their dogs outta the woods during hunting season. But then I changed my mind. The house kinda has that "cut your skin off and wear it as a mask" vibe to it. And a whole lot of random cars that could have been unsuspecting victims.
    I'm sorry, it's Kennard, you'll have to be a little more specific!

rofl

Comment

So what's y'all's opinions about the rut this weekend??

Comment

I was out there Monday and Tuesday. Seemed pretty segregated to me.

Comment

I hit it Wednesday morning Saw some but all casually walking. No noses on ground

Comment

Alabama WMA

how is 509? It was a little loose last tome I was there. Any ruttimg activity?

Comment

Does anyone have any feedback on the rut activity?

Comment

Saw a buck pushing a doe last Friday, he was grunting but she did not want anything to do with it. Lot of deer movement last weekend but no real chasing that I saw. Hope its better this weekend!!!

Comment

Headed down in the morning. I hope the Rut has kicked off if full.

Comment

Keep us posted. I'd like to get back out there next week.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeard View Post
                      Headed down in the morning. I hope the Rut has kicked off if full.

Hey tom! Long time no see. Good luck down there! Wish I could go.

Comment

I was in Houston county hunting saturday morning and most of the day sunday. I couldn't get to my normal area saturday so we sat at my first creek crossing. We didn't have any luck seeing anything but a couple guys hunting down from us both shot deer. One was a nice 9 point and the other a really old 6 point. I really expected to see a lot of deer up and chasing some doe. Saw one deer sunday while we were doing some walking and that was it. I was hoping to get my nephew on anything legal to shoot so he could get his first deer. Going to try again this weekend. I can't go to my normal spots because you just about have to hunt from a climber and we are hunting on the ground.

Comment

In our group last weekend, my brother in law shot a buck and he was traveling with another mature buck... When is this rut going to kick in full swing??

Comment

Done some scouting today . It was my first time in the NF . Saw a couple deer but no chasing.

Comment

Hope you and your family are well Jordan! We are good up here......I did not make it down last weekend but considering going Friday. Hope the Rut is in full swing.......

Comment

A buddy of mine hunted kennard public land yesterday evening. Didn't see a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X