No announcement yet.

Official Davy Crockett 2015-2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alabama Creek was packed last weekend and not a lot of deer taken... Those deer shut down bigtime

Comment

Think I just filled my second doe tag.... but I'm almost positive I grazed a tree. I know I hit her, just don't know how well.. wish me luck...

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
        Think I just filled my second doe tag.... but I'm almost positive I grazed a tree. I know I hit her, just don't know how well.. wish me luck...
        Good luck on the recovery!

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post

Good luck! I saw eyes 20yrds in front of me as I walked in. Backed out a bit and then jacked up the nearest tree. Heard blowing 3-4 times as I got all setup. Not a positive start to my a.m. Hunt.

Comment

3 dogs just chased 3 does past my stand. I was so mad!

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
              Good luck! I saw eyes 20yrds in front of me as I walked in. Backed out a bit and then jacked up the nearest tree. Heard blowing 3-4 times as I got all setup. Not a positive start to my a.m. Hunt.
              I got blown at as I was standing up after my feeder went off. It was dark thirty and the deer was in some thick mess a ways off. No idea how or even if she saw me.

Comment

I for sure hit the tree. But thank god for rage broadheads. She died in 40 yards
                Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on the recovery. Looks like you sliced her main artery in her back leg. Normally takes 'em down pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                    3 dogs just chased 3 does past my stand. I was so mad!
                    Had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Twice!

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                      Had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Twice!

2 black/brown and one white?

Comment

No this was some sorta gray/white dog and a golden retriever. I was pretty ticked!

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                          No this was some sorta gray/white dog and a golden retriever. I was pretty ticked!
                          i bet that nasty thing was too

Comment

Lol I imagine so

Comment

While heading out to kennard I saw where the dogs live. I had half a mind to go and talk to the owner and recommend they keep their dogs outta the woods during hunting season. But then I changed my mind. The house kinda has that "cut your skin off and wear it as a mask" vibe to it. And a whole lot of random cars that could have been unsuspecting victims.

Comment

Little spike got a free pass this morning, covered up in doe and then this little guy. Should have went ahead and filled my third tag then hunt for big boy
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X