Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ncbowhunter View Post
    Hey guys,
    This will be my first year deer hunting bullis though I've been out for turkey......I was drawn yesterday (monday) for the last stand 2D-1. I've checked Google Earth and know it's gonna be a struggle to say the least. Anyone have knowledge of that stand...I will be getting cam, feeder, and blind up this weekend. Thanks in advance.....
    I'd make the decision once you get on the ground out there. What it looks like from google earth can drastically change once you put boots on ground. As stated I think you'll be ok over there.

Comment

pass by Bullis everyday, glad to see you guys getting to enjoy it. wish i could, looks awesome

Comment

For those that like to see. Here are some from a few weeks ago. Headed to check cam this weekend. Haven't been out in 2 weeks.

Comment

My gosh it must be hard for that hog to walk lol
          Thanks for the pics those are some nice looking deer in your area.
          Last edited by JCG; 09-24-2015, 01:12 PM.

Comment

So question on the rules. Are only a certain number of bucks and does allowed to be taken in each area.?

Comment

Originally posted by JCG View Post
              So question on the rules. Are only a certain number of bucks and does allowed to be taken in each area.?
              Yeah and they don't publish the quota for each area. So it's a guessing game until they close a area. The gun areas will close first though if I remember correctly. A buddy of mine tracked it last year, Steve if you read this can you chime in.

Comment

Well thats an interesting rule. Personally think that would lead to more inmature bucks being taken. If you don't know when the area will be shutdown your more likely going to be less picky.
                Wish there was a way to meet up with all the people from your area and try to set a standard.

Comment

darn, can't hunt the 2nd weekend either. Sucks to be the only area now allowed to hunt opening weekend.
                  Last edited by Impyman18; 09-24-2015, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JKennedy View Post
                    Msims...I have the same 9-point over at my spot. Looks like he's traveling back and forth between our areas.
                    JKennedy, hopefully one of us takes him. I don't know where your area is, but I just saw that my area is closed both of the first two weekends...

Comment

I'm learning quick that I need a backup hunting place. Area availability has been rare for me. It really puts a damper on the season. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by L C View Post
                        I'm learning quick that I need a backup hunting place. Area availability has been rare for me. It really puts a damper on the season. :-(
                        Yep not much worse then having time to hunt but no access. But the good Lord blesses.

Comment

Are the deer normally this skinny? Do they put on more after the acorns drop?

Comment

The pigs look fat and happy though!

Comment

Was out at Bullis this morning to do some shooting, was nice in the AM. But just wanted to pass on that the Rod and Gun club is getting their freezer fixed (condenser went out) today while I was checking into the bow range. For those that didn't know you can clean your deer or hog there and hang it in the freezer. They have 3 hoists out back of the club with running water and a few tables. Hogs are only allowed to stay in the freezer for 5 days. Deer can hang way longer if you need. Price for storage though is $5 a day. Just thought I'd pass the info.

Comment

Thanks, Freezer or Cooler?

Comment

Working...
                                X