X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a hand?

Originally posted by 1337hunter View Post
    Shot a big un, have yet to fix his location
    I'm at your truck and can assist if needded.

Comment

Comment

nice one 37

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good taxidermist near 1604 and bandera...Helotes area? Biggest guy I've shot so far, figured I'd get him mounted.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Like I said, that's the biggest buck I've ever shot. He came in at about 0840 after an 8 was already in. He finally gave me a shot and I let it go. He took off with the arrow so I was kinda concerned. Gave it a while then followed what little blood I found for about 100 yards. Decided to call the bio to let them know I shot one. He offered to help look, and I'm grateful he did. After following tiny drop after drop we finally got some good blood about 200 yards out to a clearing of tall grass. Stopped there for a bit and just when I thought we may have lost it, my new best friend says "over there." Sure enough, 10 yards away piled up under some brush, there he was. Can't thank the biologist enough. He has an eagle eye for sure.

Comment

What area are you in?

Comment

7-17

Comment

Great buck 1337! I bet your heart was racing when he stepped out. Great job tracking him down too!

Comment

nice buck again 37 was talking with Chad tonight yours was 1 of 2 brought in today think he said you scored 130s? there was some gun shots late but there were 2 so not sure if they got it or not

Comment

Originally posted by L C View Post
                        Great buck 1337! I bet your heart was racing when he stepped out. Great job tracking him down too!
                        LOL, I couldn't send a message on my phone for about 10 mins after, my hands were shaking so much. I owe finding the buck to Chad the bio. Really awesome of him to help me out. Flatscat was willing to help too, had I seen his message earlier. Great group of guys out here.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC8151 View Post
                          nice buck again 37 was talking with Chad tonight yours was 1 of 2 brought in today think he said you scored 130s? there was some gun shots late but there were 2 so not sure if they got it or not
                          I think he scored it 130 even gross and aged him at 6.5. I just knew he was a mature buck and bigger than anything I ever shot.

Comment

Also, I forgot earlier, Congrats! That is a beautiful buck!

Comment

Originally posted by biscoiv View Post
                              Also, I forgot earlier, Congrats! That is a beautiful buck!
                              Thanks!

Comment

new log is up... someone shot a baby with a boom stick

Comment

Working...
                                X