No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2015-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep unfortunately the wind is the only thing coming through my area. after the coyotes and a few doves it's been a quiet morning. heard a boom stick at 650 and that's it

Comment

table was clean and didn't see anyone at checkout

Comment

Morning was a bust. Time for some lunch!

Comment

I'll be turkey hunting for the first time tomorrow morning, so I'm looking for advice/tips on field dressing a turkey. I plan on deep frying it so want to keep the skin on. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeB View Post
            I'll be turkey hunting for the first time tomorrow morning, so I'm looking for advice/tips on field dressing a turkey. I plan on deep frying it so want to keep the skin on. Thanks
            Sorry, I can't help you; I just cut the breasts and trophy parts out and toss the rest. Have you tried the YouTube route?

Comment

Msims6288 - I have I was just wanting to see if anyone had other ways of cleaning them.

Comment

Off topic I know, but it's our first fire of the fall

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeB View Post
                  If you want to keep the skin on you could scald the bird then pluck it. We used to do this with chickens, made plucking way easier. Havnt killed a turkey yet so I don't know if it would work the same.

Comment

Originally posted by JCG View Post
                    If you want to keep the skin on you could scald the bird then pluck it. We used to do this with chickens, made plucking way easier. Havnt killed a turkey yet so I don't know if it would work the same.
                    It does

Comment

In for the evening hunt. I'm glad I got here early. I found my blind upside down, 20 yards away.

Comment

Oh no! Glad it didn't go too far. I'm set up in some thicker stuff, so I hope mine survived the wind.

Comment

that's what happened to my blind after the storm that flooded the place. I was unable to get out to hunt today looks like I'll make a scout at lunch trip tomorrow since I'm out of town for the holidays next week

Comment

Nice buck being confiscated when I checked out. Taken from a closed area, 5D. Then I finally saw a herd of axis deer on the way out.

Comment

I really don't understand how people don't see that their area is closed. I mean it's easy to see on the chart. There is no way that I am breaking the rules. I was blessed enough to get to spot, and I am not doing anything to mess that up.

Comment

Unfortunately, not everyone shares your respect for the rules or even cares to take the time to find out what the rules are! I can only hope there's an appropriate penalty for such disregard.

Comment

Working...
                                X