Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney and Lake Aquilla 2015 -2016 this is it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get-2-gether thread is up in The Campfire forum.

Comment

One more day to the Get-2-gether.

Comment

Ate lunch at the West End Grill today. Buffet was pretty good. Few different types of BBQ on the buffet. And other meats too. It's also hunter friendly. I'll be looking forward to it again tomorrow, to finish up what I didn't get to eat today.

Comment

Wish I could make it, but unfortunately I'm stuck staring at computer screen at work!

I had the chance to get out yesterday and man it was HOT out. It's pretty amazing to see how much the high water has changed a lot of the areas out there. This batch of rain this week should cool stuff off. At this point we need it!

Comment

I've got Monday and Tuesday blocked out so I can get some scouting done.

Comment

Anyone know if any of the ramps on the river are open? Hamm creek? Chisholm trail? Kimble bend? Nolan river? Plowman? Or any others? Looking to launch a small Jon sometime this week Also do you know the condition of the river? Is it navigable going upstream from Kimble bend due to debris from the flooding? Thanks for any info!

Comment

Originally posted by spacemonkey View Post
                Anyone know if any of the ramps on the river are open? Hamm creek? Chisholm trail? Kimble bend? Nolan river? Plowman? Or any others? Looking to launch a small Jon sometime this week Also do you know the condition of the river? Is it navigable going upstream from Kimble bend due to debris from the flooding? Thanks for any info!
                Chisholm Trail yes. Nolan yes. Plowman and Kimble bend may not be open till after the new year. Not sure about Hamm's Creek. Lakeside Village public ramp is open too. Last time I crossed the Kimble Bend bridge, there was a ton of debris in the water along the park side shoreline extending out a good ways from the bank. But it is navigable going up river past the park.

Comment

Hamm creek is closed due to flood damage.

Hope to open in September.

Comment

Awesome, thanks so much. Chisholm trail or the Nolan should work fine. I appreciate the info. How's the water clarity up there?

Comment

Water clarity is normal for that area.

Comment

Guess the new thread is going to start Monday?

Comment

I guess so .

Comment

Well, I guess I will start a new thread then.

Comment

Got the hunting lic but the permits start on the 23.

Comment

New thread is up and running. It's been a good year. Time to let this one sink.

Comment

Working...
                                X