No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully the north'er that will be hitting on Saturday will stir some things around.
    Might get caught up in a soaker for a little while, but maybe it will make those animals act crazy.

I will try to post here as much as I can.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by countryrebel View Post
      What area did y'all hunt?
      Area 5, horse head, and area 8 last morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
        How do they determine areas? Is it a free for all or do they assign areas?
        It is a free for all. They have area 2,3,5,8 open for rifle hunting. You are free to hunt any area. Eat your wheaties for area 2 they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
          Hopefully the north'er that will be hitting on Saturday will stir some things around.
          Might get caught up in a soaker for a little while, but maybe it will make those animals act crazy.

I will try to post here as much as I can.

Thanks!
          Good luck on your hunt.

Comment

Executive inn - 1
            Kody and Hillary - 0
            Eek.

We are breaking now. It is hot down here today. Zero movement. Have heard one shot really early after orientation.
            We found what we think is a good spot. Will be good in the morning hopefully.
            Will head back out in a couple hours.

Comment

Hillary, sent you a PM

Comment

Got skunked today, but learned a lot about the place. Got a lot of walking in.
                The heat really killed us. Pair that with the fact we had orientation in the am and we didn't get the best start.
                Tomorrow we are going to switch up our location a little bit and hope for some good luck!
                Maybe the new hotel will bring us good luck LOL

Comment

Good luck go get em! Been applying for many years, yet to get drawn.

Comment

Laguna Atascosa 2015/16

There were 10 no shows today!! Can you believe that??

Comment

What??????!?

Comment

Laguna Atascosa 2015/16

Everyone was kinda shocked. And they wouldn't let any walk ins.

Comment

Happens all the time. Maybe not 10 but there's always no shows. I talked with a group that had a family emergency so I can see where things come up.

Comment

Good luck tommrrow.

Comment

I did the archery hunt a few years ago. Saw alot of does and one cow nilgai at 60 yards. Should of taken that shot but I was hoping to get a closer shot on a very heavily traveled trail. How are you guys putting in for the rifle hunts. Do you still have to show up and get the apps from head quarters or can you apply online now.

Comment

Super slow start this morning. Bumps a couple does while walking in. That's it.
                                Last weekend hunt I guess everything is just staying put.

Comment

Working...
                                X