"Official" SOMERVILLE 2015-2016 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
    I got this one at Nails Creek around 2pm.
    You're the man Carnage!

Comment

I called the state park and the gentlemen said the units should be open by Tuesday or wensday.

Comment

Good job Carnage!

I called the state park and the gentlemen said the units should be open by Tuesday or wensday.
        ? I wonder how well that was posted.

Hoping to get at least two more evening sits for a 2nd doe before Saturday. Man I wish they would let us shoot does there all season, or at least issue doe permits for the regular season. It is archery only after all...

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
          Good job Carnage!

? I wonder how well that was posted.

Hoping to get at least two more evening sits for a 2nd doe before Saturday. Man I wish they would let us shoot does there all season, or at least issue doe permits for the regular season. It is archery only after all...
          I'll be out there all day Friday trying to get it done, of course they're calling for a 70% chance of rain then, LOL.

Comment

I'm going to try to get off work early on Wed and Thurs and see what happens. If I get another doe, great. If not, no biggie. 60+ lbs of venison in the freezer takes a lot of the urgency out. Whew!

Comment

Anyone know if you can drive through CR 134? I'm guessing water is over the road...

Comment

I don't know, but looks like Middle Yegua is on it's way down now. Current gauge is 11.20. Flood stage is 10.

Comment

Went out late yesterday to move a trail camera and check the water. It's been real high, but it's going down pretty quick. Problem now is the mosquitoes. Man they were tough! Nothing a Thermacell couldn't handle, but I turned it on as soon as I stopped moving and didn't turn it off until I got on my feet again. They were awful at the car.

Gonna let the place rest for a while before I go back after a mature buck. Need some bona-fide cool weather. I got winded for about the 20th time again yesterday. I'm absolutely sick of sweating out there. Seems that's all I've been doing this season. WTH happened to cool weather?

Comment

It's supposed to hit the upper 40's Sunday. I'll be out somewhere

Comment

A not legal buck underneath my tree stand this morning.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

My friend and I helped an older fellow pull his 8 point buck and his hauler out of the water in the creek this evening. He got the buck at Nails Creek. It was a big bodied buck.

Comment

cool pics. but there are no legal 8s at nails just spikes and does.

Hows the standing water out there carnage?

Comment

Nice pic's carnage. Plenty of those little guys out there. Of all the bucks I've seen so far this year, I'm not sure I've seen one over 13" yet. One that really had me wondering, but I just couldn't decide and I had the best looks at 7 yards you could ask for.

Going to head out maybe one more time for a doe before Saturday, then after that I'm going to go play golf for a while until it gets cold enough to run everyone else off ha, ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Jäger View Post
                                cool pics. but there are no legal 8s at nails just spikes and does.

Hows the standing water out there carnage?
                                The parking lot at CR 125 was submerged ( about 6 inches deep ).

Comment

Working...
                                X