No announcement yet.

Shnf 15-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather permitting, I'm gonna try some fishing on Monday. Back of the boat is open.

Comment

I almost said I'd fill that empty seat..... took me about 5 minutes to realize i have school on Monday. Blah

Comment

Here is a few pics from last weekend to fill in the hunting void.

Comment

I still haven't scratched squirrel off my bow hunting list... so I am counting down the days until May 1st when I'll hit the Sam in search of some limb chicken to knock down with an arrow.

Comment

Congrats again SR, that's some awesome stickbow shooting!

Comment

Very impressive indeed.

Comment

I've done the rabbit with my recurve.

I've done the rest with my compound.

Tod had got me working on my stick and string again. I want to take a deer with my recurve. I know You wants a javalina with his stick bow. We need to make some plans to make it happen.

Been planning a salt water trip for Monday, if anyone want to go. If I change my mind, I've got a tag along for fresh water.

Comment

I need to draw blood with my recurve too. Been shooting it way too long to not have a kill logged.

Got off the phone with the duck taxi, and I will hopefully get my bird tomorrow. Just in time to hang up and show off to the anti hunting sis in law. I'm flippin excited now!

Comment

With this trip, I have finally killed everything again with a trad bow that I had killed with a compound (the Javi was the hold-out) plus I added the rattlesnake and Jack Rabbit to the list. After I had killed the Javi, I busted out the hill style long bow to chase rabbits. I ended up with 9 rabbits thanks to getting tired of watching them run around while we were looking for javis. My patience lasts only so much, and they eat good in the stew pot

I've pretty much now ditched the compound. I hadn't touched it since I killed my first deer with it back in 2014. I have been trying to sell it for a month now in the classifieds. If I really need meat, I pick up the rifle now.

Comment

AJ, Sorry I'm so late. Thanks for having all of us over last Sunday, I really enjoyed seeing all of you knuckle heads again and finally meeting CMH.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                        Been planning a salt water trip for Monday, if anyone want to go. If I change my mind, I've got a tag along for fresh water.
                        So I'm just a "tag-along"?! Thanks a lot!

Comment

And nice shooting SR! Someone just turned me on to trad shooting. (No one that's broke needs to hang around Tod!) Can't wait to start marking things off the list like you've done. I can see my compound being in the classifieds soon too.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                            So I'm just a "tag-along"?! Thanks a lot!
                            O, you mean you're gonna captain?

Comment

No. Co-captain.
                              Last edited by BowOnly81; 03-24-2016, 07:12 PM.

Comment

There is the person who owns the boat... and then there is everybody else.

Comment

Working...
                                X